Discuss 80-20 strategies for building quality, free traffic. Share your best "keep it real" traffic-building ideas, thoughts, strategies. Google changes, SE best practices, outbound links, etc. are all topics we discuss here. Search traffic will always be one of the bedrocks of site traffic - join these rousing solopreneur discussions! Or ask whatever may be puzzling you!

Moderator: Sheri from Uneeda

33% OFF The World’s Most Effective Web Business-Builder - Solo Build It!
#1381122 by Mike from Isleta
Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:34 pm
I removed Analytics from my sites a few years ago when it was clearly not recording visitors properly. Google AdSense was telling me one thing, SBI's Traffic Stats was fairly similar, but after running fine for a while my Analytics numbers started plunging even though the code was installed correctly. When it got down to Analytics telling me I was getting single digit visitors each day, and everything else was telling me it was in the hundreds. I removed Analytics. So the traffic is probably still there but Analytics has gone wrong.
#1381127 by Will from Los Ojos
Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:25 pm
Hi Laura,

Once you're running Ezoic, it has a big effect on your SBI traffic stats. (As in Ezoic are now serving your pages instead of SBI, so your SBI traffic numbers decrease massively)

You need to ask your Ezoic representative

1. How they recommend you check your traffic going forward &
2. Can they check for you that you're running the correct Google Analytics code

Will
#1381129 by Will from Los Ojos
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:15 pm
Laura from Tolono wrote:Really Will?? Are you saying my traffic hasn't completely been obliterated?

I think your traffic is probably fine :)

You just can't use SBI to count it anymore. Talk to Ezoic about how to monitor your traffic stats. Or you can use Analytics or Statcounter. The Ezoic dashboard probably has the figures.

Will
#1381132 by Jacki from Macleod
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:50 pm
Are you using Ezoic and changed nameservers? This means that all your traffic is still there, but goes through them first. SBI! stats reflect this. It's one of my main complaints about using Ezoic. I use it on one of my smaller sites, which means that it's useless using SBI! stats. And I never liked GA to check the numbers.

GA by itself would not actually tank all your traffic. It's just counting it differently.
#1381134 by Laura from Tolono
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:53 pm
Thank you Jackie - I do not know why I did not consider this. I had a mini nervous breakdown this morning, hyperventilated, laid in my laundry room floor and bawled, stared into space for a while, then repeated. My daughter just started college so my business tanking would be the worst at this time.
#1381136 by Dan from Saint Albans Bay
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:24 pm
Hi Laura,

You can check your traffic stats at Ezoic. While on your Dashboard, hover over "Reporting" and choose "Traffic". You can then view your combined stats for the percentage of traffic that is being sent through the Ad Tester.

If you'd like to view stats for individual pages, you can do so by again hovering over "Traffic", but select "Advanced Reporting" instead. Then choose any filters you want applied and click "Run Report".

I have always used Google Analytics instead of SBI's stats (with GA I can drill down to the data I need), so losing the tracking on SBI wasn't a big deal in my case. GA didn't miss a beat when I changed my nameservers to point to Ezoic.

Best wishes,

Dan
#1381231 by Jacki from Macleod
Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:44 pm
Laura from Tolono wrote:I had a mini nervous breakdown this morning, hyperventilated, laid in my laundry room floor and bawled, stared into space for a while, then repeated.
Oh, hugs to you, Laura. That's so hard to deal with. Glad you could find some comfort here on the forums.

Richard from Spain wrote:I have found that my "page views" on SBI stats still seem to work. But all the other numbers have gone south.
Interesting. Mine have all 'gone south'. :shock: