Discuss 80-20 strategies for building quality, free traffic. Share your best "keep it real" traffic-building ideas, thoughts, strategies. Google changes, SE best practices, outbound links, etc. are all topics we discuss here. Search traffic will always be one of the bedrocks of site traffic - join these rousing solopreneur discussions! Or ask whatever may be puzzling you!

Moderator: Sheri from Uneeda

#1393897 by Della from Reyno
Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:37 pm

I recently submitted my site to Bing and I wasn't able to verify it, although I did receive a message that they would visit my site.

I just put the url [Domain Private] in the Bing search bar to see if it would come up and this is the description that showed up.

[Domain Private]
[Domain Private]

spiritualsuccessrx. Future SBI!-built home of [Domain Private]. Home

What do I need to do to get Bing to display the correct title and description of my site?

Also, do I have to go through this process again for the https:// version of my site to show up?

Thanks for your help.

Della Menechella
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Moved from Troubleshooting to here.
#1393901 by Jacki from Macleod
Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:55 pm
So, your description is Spirituality For Business Success and Financial Freedom? Then don't worry about it, that's showing for your https site. All done.
#1393924 by Jeff from dogquotations.com
Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:04 pm
Hi Della.

Bing visited your site before you built your home page, or at least before it went live. What Bing reported is the standard page that all SBI sites have as soon as the domain name is registered.

Once you're able to verify ownership and submit your sitemap, Bing will visit again and find the correct title and description.
#1393957 by Della from Reyno
Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:59 pm
Hi Jeff -
The problem is that when I tried to verify ownership with Bing, I was never redirected to the verify it page. I just received a message that they would visit my site shortly.

I guess I will go through the process of trying to verify it again and see what happens.

Thanks for your feedback.