Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:57 pm
One campaign was to promote my e-books. The other was to promote my website.
Both came to a screeching halt yesterday morning at $34.98, not reaching the max budget of $35...by two cents each. How convenient.
I am most disappointed in the results. After careful targeting, I got a high level of interest from areas of the world that I almost never see in my website stats! Indonesia, India, Turkey(!) accounted for the vast majority of the "interest" FB managed to drum up for me
My campaigns only managed to reach 152 people in the US !!! - where 90% of my website traffic normally comes from That's less than a drop in my bucket of expectations...which, instead, quickly filled up with 19,083 people reached in Indonesia and 16,900 people in India.
I feel like I hit a fowl ball far, far in the left hand stands.
Somehow, the experience has left me with the uncomfortable feeling that I have been "manipulated" by FB.
On another front, the impact of all this apparent "high level of interest" never showed on Google Analytics stats. Not a whisper. Nada. However, my Site Central website stats did show a very nice 235% bump in my daily average number of visitors. Again...none of this transpired on Google Analytics data
To top it all, I did not sell one more e-book than I usually do during a seven-day period. My FB campaigns had no effect at all on my sales.
Politely speaking, I am very disappointed with FB advertising.