SBI!'s Brainstormer builds an amazing list of keywords. You work with that list in the MKL. Add, find and sort, of course. MKL shines when you use functions such as Seeds, Groups, Filters, Columns, Get Google $. Set up tasks or use pre-defined ones. Discuss keyword profitability, supply and demand.
Caveat: Computers do NOT think. Humans do. Don't become "number-bound." - use human JUDGMENT, too!

Moderator: Mary from Mico

#1366856 by Eduard from Spiere
Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:13 am
So I found a good site concept with all the right numbers (the sweet spot), strong demand, enough keyword depth ....but the variety of those keywords are rather on the poor side. Even after a lateral search. The Brainstormer didn't find for example keywords phrases with "books", "DVDs", "course", "tools" and so on, on my topic. I find this a little odd. I guess if I do a separate Brainstorm on the above related keywords that it would be as effective as when the results, those related keywords phrases, came up right on the first Brainstorming of the site concept keyword? In the example of "Anguilla" I see plenty of related keywords/phrases among them about villas, tours, hotels, etc...

If I'm not wrong, poor keyword variety suggests a poor search intent? I'm puzzled!
#1366874 by Mary from Mico
Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:35 pm
Hi Eduard,

I think that you're right that you might need to brainstorm a bit more.

On the other hand those phrases do not show up for many site concepts, yet it does not mean that you couldn't use them - especially if you have, or will have, those products for sale. If you are beginning a site on a new concept, you would also find fewer keywords; so that is something to consider, too.

Poor keyword variety is a term, I'm not quite understanding. If you mean that the terms shown in BI are of similar meaning, then it's true that this reduces the depth of the site concept.

'Just an idea.

Mary
#1366880 by Jacki from Macleod
Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:39 pm
Without knowing more about where you're going (don't feel you have to share it here) it's hard to say if this is an established niche (in which case you would expect to find books and things for sale) or a brand new, up and coming one (in which case, maybe people would buy something on the topic if you produce it) it's hard to tell. The keywords in Brainstormer are those that are found on SBI sites, or have been searched for in the past (not sure what kind of time frame it looks at). If you are familiar with this topic and know that it's popular, keep searching to find out what people are looking for and the keywords they're using.
#1366883 by Eduard from Spiere
Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:13 pm
Mary from Mico wrote:
Poor keyword variety is a term, I'm not quite understanding. If you mean that the terms shown in BI are of similar meaning, then it's true that this reduces the depth of the site concept.

Hi Mary/Jacky, thanks for your replies. As in the example of Anguilla, the vertical brainstorm returned the anguilla villa, anguilla hotels, etc... making the site concept more interesting to write about. It gives a larger and various range of keyword focused content pages. In my case i'm stuck with recipes, all my keyword phrases revolve around recipes. Or have the word "recipes" in it, to put in other words.

Like said before, words such as utensils, DVDs, etc are not found in my list. Boring if you ask me. This lead me to believe not enough people are actually looking for the tools or courses to make those recipes? If those terms are not found immediately I wonder if I could monetize on it when there's no sign of search intent for the goods/equipment to make those recipes.
#1366896 by Mary from Mico
Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:48 pm
Hi Eduard,

Like Jacki says without more specific information, it's hard to tell what your possibilities are. Recipes is a huge, but also very competitive niche (or not niche). If you're looking at a specific type of recipes cooked a specific way, you'll narrow your niche; yet it will be harder to find good keywords for building pages.

If you do have your own product, though, your site may monetize easier. It may not need so much traffic as a site that does not have a product. I think you're looking at it right when you're finding that the search intent does not look good. It may well be a clue to keep brainstorming.

Your "voice" at the moment makes me hope you're already working on more brainstorm ideas, perhaps from other perspectives.

Mary
#1366908 by Jacki from Macleod
Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:09 pm
Eduard from [NO DOMAIN YET]-[Heusden] wrote:that narrows it down a bit as a niche.
Yes, much more winnable.

Eduard from [NO DOMAIN YET]-[Heusden] wrote:This lead me to believe not enough people are actually looking for the tools or courses to make those recipes? If those terms are not found immediately I wonder if I could monetize on it when there's no sign of search intent for the goods/equipment to make those recipes.
Most people would not search using a search engine for this kind of thing. I would think that they would search for the recipe, then the items they need would be on the page as an ad or link to Amazon.