SBI!'s Brainstormer builds an amazing list of keywords. You work with that list in the MKL. Add, find and sort, of course. MKL shines when you use functions such as Seeds, Groups, Filters, Columns, Get Google $. Set up tasks or use pre-defined ones. Discuss keyword profitability, supply and demand.
Caveat: Computers do NOT think. Humans do. Don't become "number-bound." - use human JUDGMENT, too!

Moderator: Mary from Mico

Solo Build It! Holiday Special - Save 33%
#1369309 by Scott from Clarence
Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:35 pm
I've built about 30 pages. I've been sprinkling keywords throughout my content... in an "hour glass" shape more or less according to the A/G when I read it 6 months ago.

Something just hit me... seems I read that I should be using General keywords. I looked for that part in the A/G but can't find it. :oops:

I've been using keywords with good numbers whenever possible... but not General keywords. By good I mean mostly a Supply less than 10 and the highest Demand possible. I've been using some General keywords also... but much less.

Also, I believe that a lot of General Keywords are used "automatically" as I write (which of course I leave as-is).

Hopefully, I've posted in the proper place. :)

Looking forward to hearing from you...

Scott & Nimble [Domain Private].
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Moved from The Search Engines to here.
#1369333 by Scott from Clarence
Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:35 pm
Hi Erin...

Thanks. That page is talking about "on page hooks" which are the Specific Keyword and/or it's derivatives, synonyms etc. General keywords were included. This is to tell the Search Engines what the page is about. When I run Analyze It!, I always make sure I do this.

I'm talking about sprinkling keywords throughout my pages.... not "on page hooks."

Have I been wasting my time doing this?

Thanks for your reply...

Scott & Nimble.
#1369346 by Mary from Mico
Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:55 pm
Hi Scot.

I think you've got the general idea. Without specific examples it's hard to say. If you mean, for example, that you have a "dog nutrition" page in which you sprinkle the terms: dogs, nutrition, food, vittles :-), dog food, dog health, etc.; I think that you're on a good path.

'Hopin' this helps. :-)

Mary
#1369410 by Scott from Clarence
Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:00 pm

Hi Mary...

Mary from Mico wrote:I think you've got the general idea. Without specific examples it's hard to say. If you mean, for example, that you have a "dog nutrition" page in which you sprinkle the terms: dogs, nutrition, food, vittles :-), dog food, dog health, etc.; I think that you're on a good path.

Those general words pretty much come natural as I write my pages. I talking about also using more specific keywords such as dog food nutrition instead of nutrition (I'll use nutrition also). Also, another example... healthy dog food instead of dog food (I'll make sure I use dog food also).

I go over my whole page and do this... it takes a lot of time. I just want to make sure I'm not doing too much. :( I'm trying to use words that I'm more likely to be found for.

I completely understand about the "On Page Hooks" so the engines know what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about here is words that will help me "get Found"... actually no different than looking for T3's with really good #'s!

I hope this is what you meant.

Thanks for answering my post. :)
#1369415 by Mary from Mico
Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:09 pm
Thank you Scott.

Yes, this is what I meant, but did not write too well. :oops:

Just remember to keep the lingo natural for visitors as they read.

Mary
#1369422 by Scott from Clarence
Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:27 pm
Mary...

Thanks. Ok... I'll keep on doing that.

You explained perfectly well... I just always like to make sure. I do that too much. I'll blame it on the past... :wink:

You're exactly correct... need to watch it... sometimes adding all those words amounts to "clunkiness"... yuck.

I proof read out loud a few times w/each page.

Have a gooood weekend.

Scott & Nimble.
#1369474 by Mary from Mico
Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:45 pm
Hi Scott.

Here's an idea for sprinkling keywords and "seeing" where they are.

Using Chrome (I'm using Windows) you can Ctrl F the terms to see where on the right margin the little gold tic-marks show. This pattern can show you how well you've sprinkled your terms. :-)

Also, here's a site I use to see how many keywords I've used on a page.

http://tools.seobook.com/general/keyword-density/

You can see how many times you've used all your terms.

On the top "navigation" click on the term image to see how many times you've used the term on images and the same for subheadings, text, etc.

I hope these notes help,

Mary
#1369623 by Donald from Derma
Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:29 pm
Scott, it seems to me you worry too much about the search engines. I know it takes time, often months to see results, but listen to Nimble.

Some of your pages seem a bit clunky as though you are writing for the search engines.

Nimble says never fake it, keep it real, write for your visitor first and foremost.
#1369642 by Scott from Clarence
Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:28 am
Thanks Donald...

I agree with you. I proof read out load quite a few times... I feel they are right on the border of sounding clunky or a little too clunky also. Thanks for reminding me. I always have a fear of not getting the traffic... and I'm on the hump.

I'll listen to Nimble more... thanks... :wink:

Scott & Nimble.