SBI!'s Brainstormer builds an amazing list of keywords. You work with that list in the MKL. Add, find and sort, of course. MKL shines when you use functions such as Seeds, Groups, Filters, Columns, Get Google $. Set up tasks or use pre-defined ones. Discuss keyword profitability, supply and demand.
Caveat: Computers do NOT think. Humans do. Don't become "number-bound." - use human JUDGMENT, too!

Moderator: Mary from Mico

#1393906 by Katherine from Sebago Lake
Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:06 am
Good evening all,

I'm working on a "Best Restaurants in Santiago Page" and struggling to understand which is the best keyword to use.

My planned title of the page "Best Restaurants etc." doesn't feature as a keyword in my brainstorms but these do:

1. Restaurants in santiago chile 19/10/1900
2. Santiago chile restaurants 25/2/12500
3. Santiago restaurants 55/104/529
4. Santiago Chile Restaurant 2141/1/2141000
5. Restaurant santiago chile 99/1/99000

None of them set the world on fire - they are stronger in Spanish - but can I use number 4 which seems to be a popular weird keyword. The problem is, do I then just ignore Analyze It! warnings for not having it in the title, description and content and just use the three words throughout the page in a different order?

Thanks in advance,

#1393911 by Mary from Mico
Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:19 am
Hi Matt,

I'm only going to be able to give you my personal opinion on this, yet long story short I think you could use this keyweird because it could fit in a title and headline like this:

Santiago Chile Restaurant List

Santiago Chile Restaurant Top 10

I searched it as a keyword and the top sites returned had not used it, so that gives me confidence that you would still be found for a mix of words in that phrase.

If it is a Tier Two, you will link to many a singular Santiago Chile Restaurant review and have a chance to use the singular term with other adjectives: Looking to relax at a casual Santiago Chile Restaurant? Ready for a five-star Santiago Chile Restaurant? 'Just some ideas.

I would not be inclined to use #3 because it might refer to other towns named Santiago (around the world). #5 is definitely a grammatical keyweird.

This being said, I think you might want to use the plural in #1 or #2, because they logically will lead to both singular and plural T3s. I also think you could use "Best Restaurants in Santiago Chile" as your Title or your Headline, or both, while your keyword for the page is "Restaurants in Santiago Chile". I think you might be surprised at how much traffic and income you may receive from #1 and #2. You could also use this title:

Restaurants in Santiago Chile ❤ Only The Best For You!

Remember to think like your visitors. Maybe we're ultimately interested in finding just one Santiago Chile Restaurant, maybe the numbers misrepresent because of the language difference? Are your visitors English speaking or Spanish locals?

Think these through and even ask your family what they think. Whether you're writing a T2 or a T3 makes a big difference. Sometimes the numbers flip-flop due to the logic of the words (plural vs. singular).

Sitesell Pro Terry's webinars gives an example of a plural vs. singular keyword. You can see links to her webinars in the SBI sticky forum post in "Using BrainstormIt" here:

I hope this gives you some ideas.

#1393931 by Katherine from Sebago Lake
Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:37 pm
Morning Mary,

Thanks for the detailed answer - really helpful.
The Best/Top 10 is a Tier 2 which I'll start with before moving onto a more general T2 page listing the restaurant categories which will lead to my T3s - Families, Mid-Range, Budget. So really I can use 4 and then 1 or 2 for these 2 pages.

My audience are all English speakers at this stage - the numbers are much better in Spanish but that phase is yet to come.

Follow up question if I may:Thanks again

#1393945 by Mary from Mico
Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:08 pm
Hi Matt,

The more I think of it, if you're going to have a tier 2 Keyword for other restaurants, I'd pick one of the plural terms and save the singular for one of your single restaurant T3 pages.... This is where your knowledge of your niche is so important.

I'm happy to help.