SBI!'s Brainstormer builds an amazing list of keywords. You work with that list in the MKL. Add, find and sort, of course. MKL shines when you use functions such as Seeds, Groups, Filters, Columns, Get Google $. Set up tasks or use pre-defined ones. Discuss keyword profitability, supply and demand.
Caveat: Computers do NOT think. Humans do. Don't become "number-bound." - use human JUDGMENT, too!

Moderator: Mary from Mico

#1331040 by Content Team Lead
Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:41 pm
The Brainstorm It! tools have evolved over time, and some of the terms have changed along the way, particularly for SBI! for WP customers.

Please use this brief Glossary as a translation guide just in case you come across an unfamiliar term in the forums, help files, Action Guide etc.

General Terms:

"Value Demand" is now Interest
"Real Supply" is now Competition
"Profitability" is now Potential
"Site Concept" is now Niche

In the Brainstormer tool itself:

"Select function" is now Select Action
"Seed Generator Brainstorm" is now Choose a Niche
"Vertical Brainstorm" is now Find Keywords Containing your Seed Word
"Lateral Brainstorm" is now Find Keywords Related to your Seed Word
"Select Resources" is now Select Option
"Wordtracker credits" is now Search credits
"Lateral Brainstormer" is now Standard
"Ultimate Outside Lateralizer" is now Advanced
"Site Concept Finder" is now Multiple Seed Words

All the best,
#1331299 by David from California
Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:17 pm
Thanks Carole, I would have been confused since I'm used to the old terms for the past 9 years :)
#1331303 by Mary from Mico
Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:29 pm

Yes, thank you Carol.

Maybe they could add these terms to the header titles in BI for us in SBI as they might be more clear for new SBIers. Especially these and most especially the term Potential:

General Terms:

"Value Demand" is now Interest
"Real Supply" is now Competition
"Profitability" is now Potential
"Site Concept" is now Niche

'Just an idea.

#1344354 by William from Cass Lake
Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:34 pm
What is the definition of "money keyword"? It is used in Day 3 of the action guide.
#1345784 by William from Cass Lake
Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:24 am
Again I ask,
What is the defiition of "Money Keyword" as used in day 3 of the AG?

#1345791 by A J from Somewhere Hot
Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:39 am
William, I would expect that to mean a keyword that is targeted towards people that are further along the buying cycle.

For example, you might have a standard keyword (phrase) of "ipad specs" Whereas a key phrase like "buy ipad online" would indicate somebody that is inclined to buy. Therefore, a money keyword.

Cheers, AJ
#1345792 by Nancy from 90% Persistence-10% Inspiration
Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:48 am
Make sure you put "Formerly referred to as..." in the ? explanation area for each term. That way you won't have old fogeys like me complaining that we don't understand the Brainstormer tool anymore.
#1345793 by William from Cass Lake
Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:48 am
Thanks AJ,
In Day 3 of AG, wouldn't that distinction be per-mature? I don't see the point they are trying to make.

#1346076 by Wendy from Toronto
Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:00 pm
A money keyword generally implies that when the visitor searches the term, they already have their credit card out ready to buy.

It is appropriate to use the term on Day 3 because though you are not yet monetizing, you need to build your site with the intent to monetize once it is built. There is no point building an online business that cannot be monetized. It's fine for someone building a site as a hobby, but if you're building a business you need to make sure there is something you can sell or that advertisers can sell on your site.
#1351609 by Eva from Roundhead
Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:26 pm
I use SBI for Wordpress and I'm trying to follow along with the online course. I cannot for the life of me find Multiple Seed Words Action in Brainstorm It!

The online course section states, "Are you ready to go from three potential Site Concepts to the best possible niche for your business? It’s time to use Brainstorm It!’s Multiple Seed Words action to research those 3 potential niches simultaneously.

Multiple Seed Words returns…

keywords for each of three seed words you use
the Interest data for all the keywords
the Competition data for all the keywords.
Click on the Choose Your Niche link in the sidebar on the right, or the Brainstorm It! link in the SBI! for WP section of your site’s admin panel.

Review the Brainstormer help once you are there.

When Multiple Seed Words finishes its research, you will see the Master Keyword List, with all of the keywords just found."

However, when I select Brainstorm It! I only see these choices:

Choose a Niche
Find Keywords Containing Your Seed Word
Find Keywords Related to Your Seed Word

How do I research 3 potential niches simultaneously? Am I overlooking something simple?

Thanks for your help in advance,
Eva Marie
#1351615 by Peter from Kaohsiung
Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:34 am
"Real Supply" is now Competition - linguistically this has a completely different meaning, so does it mean there is no info in Real Supply anymore?

"Site Concept" is now Niche - also different meaning. What do you call the 'niche concepts' now? Not every "site concept" is a niche.

Are this really just name changes or is reference to the original meanings being dropped altogether?

#1351647 by Susanna Perkins, SiteSell WordPress Maven
Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:50 pm
Eva, where are you seeing these instructions?

When we were creating SBI! for WP, we interviewed hundreds of solopreneurs and freelancers who use WordPress. The changes in terminology came from those discussions. It may seem strange to you if you're a seasoned SBIer, but the folks we spoke with preferred the alternative terms.

There's a glossary here, which should help you.

Peter, they really are just name changes. :-)

All the best,
#1351698 by Eva from Roundhead
Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:23 pm
It's in the online in the 10 Day Action Guide. However, I finally read somewhere that Multiple Seed Words does not appear if you already have over 250 words in your MKL. :)

Thanks for your reply!

Eva Marie