SBI!'s Brainstormer builds an amazing list of keywords. You work with that list in the MKL. Add, find and sort, of course. MKL shines when you use functions such as Seeds, Groups, Filters, Columns, Get Google $. Set up tasks or use pre-defined ones. Discuss keyword profitability, supply and demand.
Caveat: Computers do NOT think. Humans do. Don't become "number-bound." - use human JUDGMENT, too!

Moderator: Mary from Mico

#1382187 by roy from Richmond Dale
Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:15 pm

There was a great post regarding a new rule on keywords.And how you only need to enter just the master keyword, instead of the normal 5 in the meta keywords section.

It also mentioned about using hyphens for 2 keyword searches. Eg : soccer-player

I have looked high and low for this post, but cannot find it anywhere.

If someone can get back to me and post or possibly re-post some info on :

a) Whether the number of keywords rule still applies ?
b) When I put a 2 word keyword into search with a hyphen between them, do I then add the hyphen in the normal text when typing it into the content on my website ?

It will be very much appreciated.

Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Changed all caps subject to proper case. All caps is considered yelling online.
#1382192 by Debs from SiteSell
Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:52 pm
Hi Roy,

a. You only enter the primary keyword in the keyword box but you would use synonyms and related keywords in your content. Just remember, the content must flow and sound natural. If it sounds stiff or forced when read aloud, you need to remove some keywords.

b. I don't know what post you refer to but you never put in hyphens unless the words are naturally supposed to have hyphens or the keyword is used in a file name of a page.

But when you hyphenate the file name keyword you do not add hyphens to any other uses of the keyword unless it is naturally hyphenated.

I hope this helps.

#1382203 by roy from Richmond Dale
Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:44 pm
Hi Debs

Thanks for getting back to me so swiftly !

Sorry about the Caps, forgot that Im not using email (my headline is normally in caps).

I think I'm on the right lines with regards to formatting the keywords, and now only submit my master keyword into the meta keywords facility. With another 4 relevant keywords, or root variants scattered throughout the page.

The hyphen question only related to the master keyword and not the secondary keywords. I realised that the hyphen was for search purposes only, but I got confused as to whether just the master keyword had to be hyphenated in my page content all the time.

Your reply has reassured me that things are ok.

Again Many Thanks