SBI!'s Brainstormer builds an amazing list of keywords. You work with that list in the MKL. Add, find and sort, of course. MKL shines when you use functions such as Seeds, Groups, Filters, Columns, Get Google $. Set up tasks or use pre-defined ones. Discuss keyword profitability, supply and demand.
Caveat: Computers do NOT think. Humans do. Don't become "number-bound." - use human JUDGMENT, too!

Moderator: Mary from Mico

#1383133 by roy from Richmond Dale
Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:49 pm

Some of my website pages are a guide with video and written instruction. In how to perform particular fitness exercises.

At the moment I have many exercises videos with instructions,together with normal information and internal links for that page. All on one page.

I have thought about creating a seperate page for each section of preparation and exercise. Not only to help pages load up more quickly, but also to be found more easily.

Some of the pages would be quite short though, with possibly not a lot of text and keywords.

Would the search engines penalise me for not having enough content and keywords for each of those pages ?

At the same time in the Action Guide, it states that your pages need to be as long as you need them. But is there a minimum amount of words for each page ?

If someone could advise me, I will be very grateful

Best regards

#1383134 by Jacki from Macleod
Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:50 pm
If every single page on your site is short (like less than 200 words) you most likely just won't get anywhere - Google won't serve any pages in searches if they're short) If possible, add more to your pages that are short. I have lots of shorter pages, but there is a mix of short, long and medium length in the mix.
#1383142 by Debs from SiteSell
Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:43 pm
You could transcribe your videos and offer the text version right on the page. Sometimes people don't have the time to view videos but would like to skim a transcription, then go to the video for specific points they want to review. Also give times for the big points that are important to watch so they can jump to that section of the video.

#1383163 by Jacki from Macleod
Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:16 pm
Debs from SiteSell wrote:You could transcribe your videos and offer the text version right on the page
I love this idea, both from your side as webmaster, and from the visitor side. This is valuable added content, with the secondary content as the video. Transcripts can also be made into pdfs to give away, bundle them as an e-book etc etc.