SBI!'s Brainstormer builds an amazing list of keywords. You work with that list in the MKL. Add, find and sort, of course. MKL shines when you use functions such as Seeds, Groups, Filters, Columns, Get Google $. Set up tasks or use pre-defined ones. Discuss keyword profitability, supply and demand.
Caveat: Computers do NOT think. Humans do. Don't become "number-bound." - use human JUDGMENT, too!

Moderator: Mary from Mico

#1388638 by Russell 1 (SBI for WP user from Sandusky)
Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:13 pm
I have been taking my research very slow and doing my best to really sift through and find excellent keywords to build around.

When analyzing a keyword how do I determine if that keyword phrase is legit.

For example I am doing a lot of research within the genealogy niche. When analyzing a site concept I came across this phrase, "genealogy family history"

Seems like a nice keyword and all the numbers look good, but I can't get past how that phrase would look in a sentence. It seems like the people who would search that particular phrase are just typing in two keywords that are related but don't flow naturally.

This is just one example and it is a bit too broad to build around with the amount of time I have to put in, but I see this sort of thing happening quite often. Phrases that have the numbers but seem to not make much sense.

Hopefully I am wording myself right, but I'd like to know how some of the folks handle these kind of words.
#1388639 by Jacki from Macleod
Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:28 pm
The search engines are smart enough to put the words together, even if they're spaced out on a page.

Common sense says not to get too hung up on all this. If the keyword/keyphrase doesn't make sense in a sentence, then don't force it. That practice got a lot of people in trouble with Panda.
#1388681 by Nancy from 90% Persistence-10% Inspiration
Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:49 am

Russell, the important thing is that your pages make sense to human visitors. So don't be afraid to add "Stop words" to your keywords so that your Titles, Headlines and body copy make sense to your visitors.

I'm quoting here from a website that I just misplaced on my browser, otherwise I'd give the source.

In computer search engines, a stop word is a commonly used word (such as "the") that a search engine has been programmed to ignore, both when indexing entries for searching and when retrieving them as the result of a search query. The list of words that are not to be added is called a stop list.

And here's a list

Do a Google search for "genealogy family history" and see what articles are ranked on the first page of results.

You'll notice that nowhere on that page is "genealogy family history" used in the Titles. However the phrase "Genealogy and Family History" comes up quite often. Even the reverse "Family History and Genealogy".
#1392741 by joan from Old Road Town
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:34 pm
Ok but what about Analyze It! Won't it say that the keyword do not match? it like to say 'put the keyword exactly how it is written' several times in the page. Should we ignore analyze it when it says that we have a big keyword problem on that page?

If we should, then perhaps SBI should update analyze it.