SBI!'s Brainstormer builds an amazing list of keywords. You work with that list in the MKL. Add, find and sort, of course. MKL shines when you use functions such as Seeds, Groups, Filters, Columns, Get Google $. Set up tasks or use pre-defined ones. Discuss keyword profitability, supply and demand.
Caveat: Computers do NOT think. Humans do. Don't become "number-bound." - use human JUDGMENT, too!

Moderator: Mary from Mico

#1389116 by Kenneth from Collegedale
Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:22 pm

I'm working through Day 2 and have reached the point of the vertical Brainstorm It. In reviewing the keywords returned for my 3 seed words, the highest real supply number for any of them is 9794. Based on the information about how much time is needed, I'm concerned that the numbers are not near high enough. Maybe I'm misunderstanding. Can you help?

#1389138 by Mary from Mico
Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:31 am
Hello Kenneth,

You're right that this can be a small Supply number, yet it may depend on your niche. For books and general merchandise 9000 could be too small; yet for something like real estate, this could be a good number.

Many of us have found that watching the whole Action Guide once and then returning to "do" the AG helps us have an idea of "where this is going".

Otherwise, if you try using other terms for the same ideas you may find better numbers where more visitors are searching.

I'll be offline in a few hours over the holiday; yet if I chance here again, I'll watch for your reply.

Happy new year!

#1389191 by Kenneth from Collegedale
Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:34 pm
Hello, Mary.

Thanks for your reply. My concept deals with guitars, guitar instruction and simple guitar repair. In the video for step during during the Brainstorm It session, it states that there should be at least 2 keywords with value demands of 1000 or greater and 10 or more with 100 or greater. Those requirements are met easily. There are 5 with 2000 or greater up to 11000 plus 2 or 3 more with 1000 or more and 18 between 100 and 900.

After going back and listening again and reading your response, I'm thinking I'm okay to continue. If you have a different opinion based on what I've told you, please let me know. I will continue on. The experience will be good whether I'm able to continue or not.

Thanks for your help.

#1389289 by Mary from Mico
Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:29 pm
Hi Kenneth,

As per your Subject for this thread, there's a real difference between the Site Concept and the keywords for T2s and T3s....

The site concept is the actual concept for the whole site.

You'd want to narrow that from guitar or guitars so as to be able to compete; yet I'm sure that there are many niches for guitar, so that should be doable if you're understanding that the Site Concept is basically the concept or keyword for your home page.

Not knowing the numbers but thinking with the logic, I think that you could try guitar instruction as the site concept. Does that work?

#1389303 by Kenneth from Collegedale
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:37 am
Thanks for the info, Mary.

I am thoroughly confused, so I guess I'm going to have to start over.

#1389305 by Mary from Mico
Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:10 am

HI Kenney,

We're happy to help.

This was a point I totally missed with my first site.

First, I'd already had my product. Second, I already had a "brand" name.

Maybe an example could help (with variants for ease):

Domain Name: PrintNPractice

Site Concept: Printable Workseheets

Home Page Keyword: Printable Worksheets

T2: Math Worksheets

T3: Addition Worksheets
T3: Subtraction Worksheets
T3: Multiplication Worksheets
T3: Division Worksheets, etc.

T2 Phonics Worksheets

T3: Beginner Phonics
T3: Advanced Phonics
T3: Learning Phonics

It would be impossible for me "win" for worksheets as there are Microsoft worksheets, tax worksheets, diet worksheets. Actually, I can see that I should probably have worked on this better, yet this is just an idea to show a subniche.

Does this help?

Terri has two excellent video webinars that cover some of these issues:

Terri David Webinar - Keywords, Topics, Blueprint

2017: ...

I hope that this is helpful.

#1389373 by Kenneth from Collegedale
Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:12 am
Thanks, Mary.

I'm a bit discouraged right now, but I will take a look at these videos and re-think what I want to do.

Thanks again.

#1389376 by Mary from Mico
Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:00 am
Hi Kenny,

Be encouraged. The more thinking that you put into your site's blueprint now, the more time you'll save later and the more success you'll have.

The trick is to work smart, one step at a time.

There are scores of people here in the forum who are happy to help, so do be sure to ask when you need help.

#1389430 by Kenneth from Collegedale
Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:20 am
Hi, Mary.

I will get there. I started watching the videos, but I think this is further into the process than where I'm stuck. I think I need to back up even further and better understand the site concept/site blueprint development.

I will look around the SBI website to see what I can find, but if you can direct me to videos on site blueprint development, that would be greatly appreciated.

#1389432 by Kenneth from Collegedale
Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:33 am
Well, maybe my last post wasn't quite correct. Clearly, I'm confused. I started watching the 2017 video and she started out showing her blueprint, so I assumed that I needed to have a similar plan. As I mentioned to you before, what I wanted to do with my site concept was to write about guitars, guitar equipment, guitar instruction, and basic guitar repair. Monetization ideas include (for now) adsense and affiliate ads for guitars, equipment, and instruction. I haven't found any repair companies that have affiliate programs, but I still want to include that as much as I can. The seed words I started with were Guitar Reviews, Luthier, and learn to play guitar. I thought I was moving along okay, but while I was in the middle of the Brainstorm It activity, I had to shut down and I "lost" my position. When I started back up, I couldn't figure out where I was or where to go. And based on your comments, I was concerned that I may be "wasting" my time. I know it's not waste because I'm learning, but I think you know what I mean. I just want to make sure I'm at least going in the right direction and right now, I'm not sure of anything.

Thanks again.

#1389435 by Jacki from Macleod
Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:35 am
Kenneth from [NO DOMAIN YET]-[AUSTIN] wrote:I was concerned that I may be "wasting" my time. I know it's not waste because I'm learning, but I think you know what I mean. I just want to make sure I'm at least going in the right direction and right now, I'm not sure of anything.
It may seem that you're struggling with it, but it does start to make more sense eventually. Don't rush through this because it seems too complicated (and you want to get to the 'good stuff'). Ask more questions - you're doing great :D
#1389437 by Dee from Cape Cod
Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:02 am

Hi Kenny -

I think a big part of your confusion/frustration comes from trying to squeeze multiple potential site concepts into one.

Before you move on to creating a site blueprint (part of Day 3), I'd urge you to review/re-do the steps in Day 2 of the Action Guide for finding and developing your best site concept.

You've said:

Kenneth from [NO DOMAIN YET]-[AUSTIN] wrote:As I mentioned to you before, what I wanted to do with my site concept was to write about guitars, guitar equipment, guitar instruction, and basic guitar repair.

That's actually four potential site concepts: (1) guitars; (2) guitar equipment; (3) guitar instruction; and (4) basic guitar repair.

In Day 2, Step 2 in the written AG, you'll see this example:
In general, it's best to develop a "top 3" list and then use Brainstorm It!'s Site Concept Finder in Step 3 to compare and pick the best.

For example, let's say you are a jazz lover. Your 3 choices could be "jazz USA," "jazz festivals" and "jazz guitarists." With the help of Brainstorm It!, you may find that one has great potential, one is a loser, and one is in-between.

"Jazz" in that example is like "Guitars" in your case - waaaaay too broad for a winnable site concept.

So, what to do? Choose three potential site concepts that are related] to guitars but not so broad as to be unwinnable.

In your case, you've already identified your three potential site concepts: "guitar equipment", "guitar instruction", and "guitar repair".

Now, you need to follow the steps in Day 2 to research and evaluate each of those three potential site concepts and find your niche.

As you do that, I'm confident that your best site concept/niche will become evident to you. At that point, you'll be ready to move ahead with Day 3 where, among other things, you'll create your site blueprint.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

#1389452 by Mary from Mico
Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:21 am
Hi Kenney,

Awesome notes from Jacki and Dee!

I'm so glad they've posted. I agree with Jacki that you're doing well. Dee's post explains several ideas well, especially about discerning ONE site concept.

Be encouraged! AND give yourself time to understand and execute. There's no hurry here.

#1389550 by Kenneth from Collegedale
Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:32 am
Thanks to all. I think Dee hit the nail on the head with the site concepts. I'm not sure what I was missing. I did start going back through everything from Day 1 and I was back at Day 2 and I located the Niche Choose It feature. I was playing around with it. I'm thinking I may need to be able to spend a few hours (more than 2 that I generally have in the evenings) getting through the Day 2 Brainstorm. I, definitely, remember that it's not a sprint, but a marathon!

Thanks again to all. I appreciate the help and I will, most certainly be back with other questions.

#1389603 by Mary from Mico
Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:15 pm
Hi Kenny.

It sounds like you're on the right track! ( I did not even catch the pun for sprint and marathon, till I typed the word track. :shock: )