SBI!'s Brainstormer builds an amazing list of keywords. You work with that list in the MKL. Add, find and sort, of course. MKL shines when you use functions such as Seeds, Groups, Filters, Columns, Get Google $. Set up tasks or use pre-defined ones. Discuss keyword profitability, supply and demand.
Caveat: Computers do NOT think. Humans do. Don't become "number-bound." - use human JUDGMENT, too!

Moderator: Mary from Mico

#1390906 by Wendy from Mollymook Beach
Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:57 am
Not sure if this is the right forum for this.
Doing yet another revision, I went through what searches were finding the page Life Coach Training on Google Page Rank Checer but with no click throughs. The list below were the top ones finding the page so I did a brain storm on them with the numbers shown. All were good for search intent but, of course, dominated by ads for coaching schools and courses and organic successes. My page offers independent information on how to choose the right training and is due for an update.

I'm thinking of cloning to a lower supply keyword and then including all the others either as a heading or in the content with quite a bit of rewriting. Not sure which keyword to go with as the file name. The ones with an asterisk are my choices. Any thoughts? Thanks. I will be repeating this process on all my underperforming pages.

Life Coach Training 2686/1794 (Current keyword)
Best life coaching courses 119/9
Best coaching courses 19/9
*Life coaching course 2174/218
Online life coach training 18/7
*Life coaching courses 6274/915
Becoming a professional life coach 0
Life coach training online 27/3
*Life coach school 573/30 but hard for content
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Moved from Water Cooler to here.
#1391099 by Lesley from
Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:20 am
Hi Wendy

Lesley from Picton, NSW here!

I thought I'd put in my two cents here, but I'll be interested to see if others agree.

If it were me, from the way you describe your page, I'd choose 'best life coaching courses' as the main keyword for the page. To me, it is the closest to what your page is actually about. I would be expecting some sort of review page or information about the best courses so your information about how to choose the right one would fit nicely with that.

The other keywords I would imagine are people looking for the actual courses themselves, so those people may just click back out if they don't find what they are looking for.

The 'best life coaching courses' also has a very low supply which is always a good thing. Your current keyword is very competitive. Don't be afraid of using keywords with a fairly low demand. I have a page on a keyword with a demand/supply of 65/11 which gets over 7000 pageviews a month.

The first two you have asterisked have pretty high supply numbers which would be tricky to win, and as you say the third one doesn't fit so well content wise.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide.

All the best

#1391125 by Bruno from Strange Visions
Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:56 pm
I agree with Lesley: choosing a low supply but winnable niche does work toward keeping your head up and making it as best as you can.

If you happen to be blindsided by the ambition to become a respected speaker at a highly-competitive niche and choose it, you must be prepared to take it, which is a high ordeal that can be overcomed but takes a lot of effort. Believe me, I went there at more or less a month ago, but suffered loss of spirits, pressure to deliver a large quantity fast and dilemmas until now, when I am going back to the drawing board to find out what would best work both in terms of feasibility and uniqueness.

Do think through how far you would be willing to go and don't be afraid to admit to yourself "I cannot do this", because it will be much better both on short and long term.
#1391150 by Will from Los Ojos
Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:03 pm
Wendy from Mollymook Beach wrote:Doing yet another revision, I went through what searches were finding the page Life Coach Training on Google Page Rank Checer but with no click throughs.

Where is this page? I can't find it at the moment...

#1391169 by Wendy from Mollymook Beach
Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:36 pm
Hi Wiill, this is the page [Domain Private]. Not sure why you couldn't find it.
And thanks all for your input. This is what I ended up doing. I cloned the page to the new key word of Life Coaching School. I didn't use Best Life Coaching Course because I felt it was too restrictive as a keyword content wise. I made sure I used BLCC as a heading with good content as well as the other ltkws with good numbers. I've done a 301 and deleted content on old page and no indexed.
So I'll see how effective that has been and continue the process with other underperforming pages, also using Google Search Console and Google Analytics to check performance.
Thanks again.