SBI!'s Brainstormer builds an amazing list of keywords. You work with that list in the MKL. Add, find and sort, of course. MKL shines when you use functions such as Seeds, Groups, Filters, Columns, Get Google $. Set up tasks or use pre-defined ones. Discuss keyword profitability, supply and demand.
Caveat: Computers do NOT think. Humans do. Don't become "number-bound." - use human JUDGMENT, too!

Moderator: Mary from Mico

#1390949 by Richard from
Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:43 pm
Hello Everyone

My niche is MLM.

I Brainstormed the keyword "Leverage"

My two results that stood out were:

Meaning of Leverage = Demand - 369, Supply - 3, Profitability - 123,000
Leverage in MLM = Demand - 45, Supply - 2, Profitability - 22,500

I WANT THE TRAFFIC. So would it be best to use the first keyword and put a spin on it such as: Meaning of Leverage in MLM

Or would it be best to settle for less traffic but for targeted visitors by using: Leverage in MLM

Your opinion are needed

#1390956 by Mary from Mico
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:12 pm
Hi Rich,

If you're talking about T2s and T3s, these are good keywords.

You can use either one of them, yet add in the combined keyword in content. Keep the keyword pure.

Unless there are numbers for a keyword called:

Meaning of Leverage in MLM

You might add this phrase to your add a keyword tool (low in the left column of Brainstorm It), to double check if it is its own keyword or not.

Is this a keyword for your current site, a new site, or a future site? I only ask because MLM can be a very hard niche to win, meaning that you'll want to stick with easily winnable numbers; or, in the case of a future site, you might want to consider a different niche.

I love, love, love your About Me page! You're a real winner! What a beautiful family, too. If this keyword is for this site, then keep the focus of the page tight. You want to win THAT visitor. Yes, you can add in the extra phrase at points; yet the search engines focus, so we have to focus.

Re-thinking again: "Meaning of leverage" might be hugely broad in that there are different sectors that use leverage (financially, etc.) and different elements to leverage: time, money, connections. I think you might want to use the smaller numbered keyword in the url and keyword block in Page Info, yet in the Page Title and H1 you could use the combined phrase.

Sometimes a low "profitability" number can bring back a lot of visitors. Early and long tail traffic will come better sooner using more focused keywords.

Think, too, about the opportunities that commenting, a Facebook group, Pinterest and other forms of interacting with your visitor may provide.

Must go. I hope this is not too scrambled. I wrote notes over the course of over an hour.

I am so looking forward to seeing what you do!

#1391019 by Richard from
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:12 pm
Thank you Mary

The main thing you helped me realize is that both keywords are similar and I could use the more targeted one and include the spin on it in the title anyway. Even though I may not get as much traffic with the higher demand keyword, it's better having a few that stay on the page and actually read it vs ranking high and then have many get on the page and leave immediately because it wasn't what they were looking for (high bounce rate).

I would like to find a facebook group to join but many nowadays are so spammy that I don't want to be involved. There are no real discussions. I might create my own group when I get enough followers and newsletter signups.

Thanks again for your opinion

Rich :)
#1391165 by Wendy C (EelKat) from La Puente
Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:50 pm

Have you tried doing a Google search for the word "leverage"?

The top result is Wikipedia and it says this:

the exertion of force by means of a lever or an object used in the manner of a lever:
"my spade hit something solid that wouldn't respond to leverage"
synonyms: grip · purchase · hold · support · anchorage · force · strength

The next result is IMDB listing for a TV Show called "Leverage"

The next 10 pages of results, are either more info about the TV Show or sites for construction workers and building architects.

Not one single MLM site showed up in the first 100 search results.

This tells me that, not many people use the word "leverage" outside of building/construction and that the only reason the word "leverage" has good numbers in BrainStormer, is because people are looking for a TV show.

With that bit of information in mind, I would think, if you used just Leverage only without specifying Leverage in MLM, I would think MOST people who searched for Leverage would NOT be searching for MLM info and would quickly click away from you site.

Thus my end conclusion (what I would do if in this situation) would be to use "Leverage in MLM" instead of just "Leverage", because the average person (according to search results) is not thinking MLM when they search for the word leverage.