SBI!'s Brainstormer builds an amazing list of keywords. You work with that list in the MKL. Add, find and sort, of course. MKL shines when you use functions such as Seeds, Groups, Filters, Columns, Get Google $. Set up tasks or use pre-defined ones. Discuss keyword profitability, supply and demand.
Caveat: Computers do NOT think. Humans do. Don't become "number-bound." - use human JUDGMENT, too!

Moderator: Mary from Mico

#1391336 by Eddy from Ijzim
Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:13 am
I know how important is a very high demand a low supply and good profitability.

How lo low can the supply be?
I have a few keywords with let's say 500 demand and supply 1
Is it too low a demand for a good page?

I keep having doubts on this issue.

Please help
#1391346 by Jeff from
Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:07 pm
Hi Eddy. Demand of 500 is very good. I'd be more concerned about the supply of 1. That indicates, to me, that other webmasters don't find that keyword worthwhile in terms of creating content about it.

I recommend that you (re-)read Day 2 of the Action Guide for a discussion of demand and supply numbers.
#1391347 by Eddy from Ijzim
Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:15 pm
I just didn't remember where in the AG, thanks for reminding me

#1391358 by Jacki from Macleod
Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:55 pm
Jeff from wrote: I'd be more concerned about the supply of 1. That indicates, to me, that other webmasters don't find that keyword worthwhile in terms of creating content about it.
I disagree with this - some of my most highly trafficked pages have numbers like 18 demand 1 supply. So, don't ignore them if there is high demand.
#1391361 by Adrian from
Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:23 pm
Hi Eddy;

What the AG says is that numbers, in the end, are just a guide. Dont become number bound and read too much into them.

A demand of 500 is pretty good, but check to see if there are multiple interpretations and meanings of that keyword. Perhaps most of the demand is for a meaning totally different than what you first thought.

As well for a demand of 18 it might not seem enough traffic. But if yours is a truly new and undiscovered niche perhaps the searches just are not there yet. If your intuition tells you that a low demand keyword is most meaningful, give it a try.

The nice thing about a supply of 1 is that you should be able to figure out who it is. Try the SiteInfo button and see who appears in the top ten, or the search engines button to see Yahoo, Bing and Google all at once. It will sometimes be obvious who the "1" is and you will be able to study them so you can offer better content.

You can spend weeks setting up one page doing this kind of stuff, so in the beginning just go by the numbers to get the first 20 or 30 pages going. Better to focus in on one page and improve / change keyword focus as you gain statistics on visits.
#1391362 by Maria from Agness
Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:25 pm
Hi Eddy,

I agree with both Jeff and Jacki which may seem contradictory but I think they are both right.

You should be a little suspicious of very little supply but high demand numbers. Sometimes there's a reason for this, such as one major company having a monopoly on that keyword which you can't hope to compete with. Also check the search intent for the keyword as it may mean something you are not aware of. What does google or other search engines think the searcher is looking for when you type in that keyword. For example I was doing pages on knots for my site. The numbers for 'slip knot' seemed completely different from all the others. I did a google search and realised that Slip Knot is the name of a band which was skewing the results. I still wrote the page as google would understand my page is about the knot, not the band. I just took into account that the high demand did not necessarily relate to my use of the keyword.

If there doesn't seem to be a reason for the high demand, low supply than go ahead write the page. You may have just found a little golden nugget that your competition has overlooked for whatever reasons.

These are just my thoughts but I hope that helps,
#1391367 by Eddy from Ijzim
Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:26 pm
Thanks to all the good people at the Forum
I got the message and will reread the day 2 of AG tomorrow.

Your are great