SBI!'s Brainstormer builds an amazing list of keywords. You work with that list in the MKL. Add, find and sort, of course. MKL shines when you use functions such as Seeds, Groups, Filters, Columns, Get Google $. Set up tasks or use pre-defined ones. Discuss keyword profitability, supply and demand.
Caveat: Computers do NOT think. Humans do. Don't become "number-bound." - use human JUDGMENT, too!

Moderator: Mary from Mico

#184460 by Kimberly from Vulcan
Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:08 pm
I think I am reading into this too much.

For your homepage: Do you only add the keywords for the homepage OR do you add all keywords that will be used in all pages within your site in your keyword description??

Should their always be different keywords in your tier 2 and 3 pages than what would be in the home page keywords???

sorry for being so confusing :(

kim

#184470 by Donald from Skipperville
Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:29 pm

Kim,

For your homepage: Do you only add the keywords for the homepage OR do you add all keywords that will be used in all pages within your site in your keyword description??

I believe the phrase that Ken uses is "keyword focused content pages". Each page, including your home page should be focused on one keyword. You will, however, find that it is almost impossible to build a page without mentioning a few of your other keyword on your list...

The page should be focused on one keyword even though you may mention others. Do not mention the other keywords often though as this may dilute the focus of your page.

The keyword for your home page should be one that reflects the theme of your site.

Should their always be different keywords in your tier 2 and 3 pages than what would be in the home page keywords???

Your tier 2 and tier 3 pages should usually focus on a different keyword even though there is nothing wrong with writing more than one page using the same keyword. The content should, however, be entirely different. Furthermore, Google will only list one page focused on a particular keyword.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Donald.

#184488 by Kimberly from Vulcan
Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:07 pm
Hi Don

Thanks for clarifying. I think I have screwed up then, because for my homepage I have 5 keywords, as shown for Noris site she has used I think 3 and for the tier 2 I have used almost 10 keywords.

By doing what I have done will I be penalized or not found as quick, because it states that you can add up to 20 keywords for your topic???

Kim

#184494 by Donald from Skipperville
Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Kim,

The only problem you will have is that you may be diluting your primary keyword for the particular page. Who knows, may be the search engines will ignore it...

I would write more "keyword focused content pages" and get to editing the ones already written at a later date if they are not indexed in a favorable position.

All the best,

Donald.

#184498 by Elizabeth from Chatham, Kent UK
Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:25 pm
Hi Kim

I think I understand where you're coming from - I had similar difficulties understanding this concept.

You write each page for one keyword/keyword phrase - the others may or may not come into it depending on the content you write - it's inevitable that closely related keywords will get mentioned - as Donald says.

So - in practice 'bath soap' is a keyword phrase - 'bath soap' is the focus for that page - another page could be 'bath sponge' - you could mention 'bath soap' as well (and of course, vice versa) but you wouldn't be 'crossing 'bath soap' off the list' for the 'bath sponge' page as that is about bath sponge. You could also mention bath soap in your keyword box when you build the page, but it wouldn't be crossed off your masterplan until you actually write a page about it.

Is that what you mean? Are you trying to cross keywords off the list?

Let us know if you need any further clarification.

Atb

Liz