Quality inbound links start the traffic snowball rolling and growing in momentum. Start at the Link-Building section of DAY 7 of the Action Guide, and then read the "Make Your Links Work!" e-book. Proceed to the "Building a Links Program" section of the TNT HQ. This is the place to discuss "keep it real" links. NO manipulation of Google, please. Let it grow!

Moderator: Wendy from Toronto

#1351705 by Jamie from Java Village
Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:57 pm
Before I register for the value exchange program, I want to make sure this program is still relevant. Should I register and exchange a few high quality links?
#1352327 by Jacki from Macleod
Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:24 am
Stephen from Kentfield wrote:Is the Popularity Index score still relevant?
I don't really know. It's based on the links coming in to your site, so maybe that part is still valid.
#1368978 by Bob from Dallas, TX
Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:36 pm
Jamie started this post by asking "Before I register for the value exchange program, I want to make sure this program is still relevant. Should I register and exchange a few high quality links?"

Jacki answered that the program has gone by the wayside...

I guess my only question is, ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT?

I only ask because I see over in the SBI "Classic" side that the program is still offered and promoted (I have another site on that side and see that the Action Guide there seems to still recommend it.

Thanks!
Bob
#1368989 by Jacki from Macleod
Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:17 am
I obviously mispoke myself there. Apparently it's still active, but from personal experience, I would say a lot of people got bit by Penguin which was all about links, and are shying away from any kind of link building, at all :?
#1369022 by Help Elf from SiteSell
Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:17 pm
Bob from Dallas, TX wrote:I only ask because I see over in the SBI "Classic" side that the program is still offered and promoted (I have another site on that side and see that the Action Guide there seems to still recommend it.

Thanks!
Bob

Bob, please point me to where in the AG it mentions Value Exchange. I just did a find on all 10 DAYs and it's not mentioned anywhere there.

Or are you referring to the video version of the AG?
#1377419 by Jacob from Fort Kent Mills
Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:17 pm
Hi,
I was thinking the same as Jacki, and have even posted to Support recently about this. It puzzles me when it was suggested already some *years* ago about the little relevance or even harm of the feature and there was talk about removing VE, yet it's still there and Support even suggests me to use it (to get a few quality links) when in fact we were suggested to stop doing these things.

I feel there's a huge mix up, contradictory advice and outdated articles and some features on Site Sell. I have said this some years back too, and have voiced it to Support. At times I'm wondering how active and up to date the Site Sell system and administration is. I don't mean to sound negative, but just state my confusion and hope it is taken as constructive criticism.

J
#1377426 by Robert from Deaver
Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:10 pm
I love SBI, but some things like this don't really fit the standard. I can certainly understand how it can be difficult to keep such a large amount of information always completely up to date. I struggle with that challenge myself. But after people notice the contradiction and inquire it seems like it should be a high priority to go clean up the confusion. Is Value Exchange GOOD or BAD? If it's good, say so in the Action Guide for SBI for WP. If it's BAD, take away the VE tool and all references in training materials for SBI "classic".

I still don't really know the answer to the question. My last question, "Is it a good assumption?", wasn't answered. So, is Value Exchange GOOD or BAD?
#1377469 by Debs from SiteSell
Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:22 pm
The tool is good however you need to really focus in on what the Guides say ... one or two links in and evaluate the site you want to get the link from. Sites in bad neighborhoods could appear there, so do your due diligence. I use it to see my inbound links easily, I've never used it to get good links or ask for links in on my new sites. I did for DebtSteps back when it started in 2002 but once I had a couple, I followed Make Your Links Work (bottom of Site Central download there), and let the rest come naturally. I never got hit by Penguin on that site.

Debs