Quality inbound links start the traffic snowball rolling and growing in momentum. Start at the Link-Building section of DAY 7 of the Action Guide, and then read the "Make Your Links Work!" e-book. Proceed to the "Building a Links Program" section of the TNT HQ. This is the place to discuss "keep it real" links. NO manipulation of Google, please. Let it grow!

Moderator: Wendy from Toronto

Solo Build It! Holiday Special - Save 33%
#1378253 by S from Giddarbaha
Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:58 am
Hello,

I am Jayashree here. Many other websites have started taking links from my website with taking any permission from me. with this regard I have 3 queries

Is it legal to take links from other website with out permission?
should they pay me for taking links from my website?
Can I also take links to my website without there permission? will it be beneficial?

My clicks are also increasing but I am not getting any money for it. Please help me in understanding on both issues

thank you

Jayashree

please help in understanding
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Split off older thread as your post deserved its own thread.
#1378299 by Debs from SiteSell
Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:12 pm
Hi Jayashree,

I'm not sure what you mean for sure. People can link to whomever they want, however if it is not a link you want to your site, you can ask them to remove it; you can't force them to however. You can disavow poor quality inbound links though using Google's Disavow tool.

When you say "take" I'm not sure if the above is what you meant however. Can you give us more detail, or an example of what you mean? I want to be sure you get a complete and accurate answer.

Thanks.

Debs
#1378512 by S from Giddarbaha
Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:34 pm
Sorry for my poor communication.

My queries are:

1. Couple of websites have linked to my website without taking my permission. I understand from your mail that it is possible to do it that way and if I don't like the link I can use the "Google's Disavow tool" to control such links. This part is clear to me now

2. Is it possible to monetise this way of linking?

3. Is number of clix anything to do with monetising? If yes, how does it work?

Best regards,

Jayashree
#1378528 by Debs from SiteSell
Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:57 pm
1. Permission is not required. It isn't if you don't like the link that matters; it is whether the site linking to you is of high quality and in a good neighborhood. The Disavow Tool won't help you otherwise.

2. For them to link to you? Not for voluntary links in. You can, of course, contact good sites and pay them to link to you (called advertising on their site). You can monetize the visitors they send you, and the SEs send you, (you actually want to monetize visitors to lots of pages, not just those from other sites). You do that with preselling, but asking for the click, action, signup, order, etc.

3. Some sites/aggregate affiliate management sites will pay you based on the number of clicks (your visitors) to go over to their site. You negotiate with the sites you want to advertise on (you pay); or you get requests from other site owners who want to pay you to have an ad placed on your site.

Debs