Quality inbound links start the traffic snowball rolling and growing in momentum. Start at the Link-Building section of DAY 7 of the Action Guide, and then read the "Make Your Links Work!" e-book. Proceed to the "Building a Links Program" section of the TNT HQ. This is the place to discuss "keep it real" links. NO manipulation of Google, please. Let it grow!

Moderator: Wendy from Toronto

#1391766 by Mary from Mico
Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:38 pm
Thank you so much AJ!

I wouldn't have thought of this either since I usually only type the main part of the url rather than copying the full http/https bit.

I also missed the actual tool, but for Dee's helpful note. Thank you for posting Dee!

Debs is right it's very helpful to go back to Archive to find old info, versions, etc.

#1391782 by Antoinette from Bedford
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:35 pm
Debs from SiteSell wrote:I always use Archive.org when I need to prove publishing of a page was done for DMCA (copyright infringement). It is an independent authority site, so carries great weight with Google.

Agree - have used it on a number of occasions for exactly that.

All the best,
#1391784 by Catherine from englishhints.com
Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:15 am
Thanks, AJ! (Also Dee, as I missed the lower box tat actually got it saved!) I've heard of the Wayback machine, but never had checked it out. What a treat! (I'm glad for the updated picture, too!)
#1391785 by Holly from Rainbow Flat
Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:07 am
Thanks AJ and SBI for having this in this weeks SBIX issue. I've never even heard of this... so I did my homepage and blog. I'm tempted to do all my tier 2 pages as well... should I?

Should I actually do this once a year or something?

And no idea about copyright infringement stuff... man - I am so illiterate :(

Nevermind, this is done! Tick!
#1391794 by A J from Somewhere Hot
Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:22 am
Holly, no need to go through and do everything, just the homepage and possibly the blog should do. But what you can do, is have the site book marked and check in now and then. See if the archive is taking a few snapshots over the coming months. Possibly request another in a few weeks or so, if you feel you need to. It's not something you need to go overboard with, it's just like "jumpstarting" the archive with the new https domain. Once that is done it should be able to do it's own thing without you worrying about it.

Cheers, AJ
#1391805 by Rita from Germany
Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:10 pm
Thanks for this tip AJ.
I hardly ever look at Wayback Machine, but I should have :( . Now I notice 2 things...
1. my Germany site didn't get many crawls in 2017 even before the switch to HTTPS, perhaps because I didn't add many new pages
2. Both my sites don't show any design since I changed to the UMT template, which is very irritating. Do you have any idea why? It looks like Wayback Machine can't read the CSS file. :?

If you have any tips what I need to change in my settings in order to let Wayback Machine save my sites with Look&Feel, I would really appreciate that.