Best solopreneurial strategies, and questions, related to monetizing high-traffic sites with low-maintenance revenue streams ("passive monetization") offered by Google and other ad networks. "Passive" is not our recommended way to monetize, but it's a decent "way-station" until you are ready to increase your $-per-visitor ratio. Got a question or a tip on that? You've come to the right place!

Moderator: Dennis from Cape Canaveral

#1378811 by Albert from Tal-blata
Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:44 pm
Hi All,

We were reading the Solo Build It from TNT articles and also listening to a Youtube video about it were it is said that when you implement their way of advertising the page layout changes.

Does anyone have adopted Ezoic so that we can see the affect of the layout changes?

Is it healthy for our sites to have this change since money is not the ultimate target at the end?

Regards,

Albert & Benji
#1378814 by Gerhild from Just like Oma
Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:47 pm
Hi Albert & Benji,

I've been using Ezoic for a couple of months. There are basically 2 methods that are used. One is where they change the layout of the pages and the other, less drastic (in my opinion) is where they experiment with ad placement.

I'm using the ad tester where I put 'placeholders' throughout my page in places that I'm fine with ads being placed. I can choose size of ad. Then, their ad tester experiments, placing ads in different locations with the different sizes depending on the visitor's past browsing and clicking data. At least that's how I understand it. So, when you're looking at a page on my site, it will probably have different ads showing in different places than if someone else looks at it. But, I have control in which places of my page they show.

As well, I'm letting Ezoic's ad tester work on 90% of my pages. The remaining 10% is Adsense. This gives me a comparison to see how things are going.

If you want to check my site, it's http://justlikeoma.com/ ... to see what their ads look like. You'll need to click around onto my tier 3 pages, since that's where most of the ads will show up. Since most of my tier 3 pages have a similar layout, I only needed to place the 'ad placeholders' on one of my pages. Ezoic then finds similar page layouts and adds the ad placeholders there as well. So, the work involved in setting up was minimal.

For the time that Ezoic has been 'experimenting' ... my bounce rate and time on site are improving on the pages that are showing Ezoic ads. A nice side effect.

I added Ezoic to test how successful it is with my site. I'm giving it about 1/2 year before I re-evaluate if I'm staying with them. So far, things are looking good.

Hope that helps,
Gerhild
#1378883 by Albert from Tal-blata
Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:05 am
Hi Gerhild,

So much appreciate your detailed reply. We feel that we should give it a try and experiment as you are suggesting. Apart from the results you have achieved until now have your income increased through these pages?

Regards,

Albert & Benji
#1378896 by Gerhild from Just like Oma
Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:30 pm
Hi Albert and Benji,

Take a look at this thread, https://forums.sitesell.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=222184&start=45 where I answered that right at the end of the thread with a screenshot of the improvement to date.

Since a huge portion of my traffic is mobile ... the increase, on my site, isn't that great yet. However, when I look at some of the other stats from other users, their mobile stats are much higher and their other ones are lower. That's where the 'machine learning' that Ezoic does, comes in. There's constant tweaking and experimenting and changing going on ... that hopefully will bring that mobile up for me real soon.

It's a waiting game. Certainly, I can't see any downside. I'm not earning less than with Adsense. Since I've got 10% going with Adsense, I can gauge how it would be if it were 100%.

And, since this is still just 'passive' income, I'm working steadily at creating my own products to sell :wink: That, to me, is the best income stream.

Gerhild
#1378956 by Albert from Tal-blata
Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:35 pm
Hi Gerhild,

Yes with the ideas and information you have provided us we will try to start understanding and experimenting with this software.

We thank you and good luck for your site.

Regards,
Albert & Benji
#1378957 by Gerhild from Just like Oma
Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:38 pm
Thanks, Albert and Benji.

Likewise!
Similar Topics Statistics Last post
Ezoic?
by Katrin from Allandale North Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:22 am
6 Replies
577 Views
by Jacki from Macleod
Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:13 pm
Ezoic Saved My Business. Any Questions?
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 by Dan from Saint Albans Bay Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:17 pm
63 Replies
3519 Views
by Richard from Spain
Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:14 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests