Best solopreneurial strategies, and questions, related to monetizing high-traffic sites with low-maintenance revenue streams ("passive monetization") offered by Google and other ad networks. "Passive" is not our recommended way to monetize, but it's a decent "way-station" until you are ready to increase your $-per-visitor ratio. Got a question or a tip on that? You've come to the right place!

Moderator: Dennis from Cape Canaveral

#1387813 by Rachel from Northampton
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:02 pm
I noticed in a previous comment that Google Ads cannot be seen on the screen in mobile. As my adverts can be seen on the screen of my IPhone 6 Plus, along with some written content, I was wondering if this was alright, or whether the advert had to be moved further down the page. An example page of my site:

[Domain Private]

If this is the case, I will have to keep changing my site as mobile screens keep getting bigger. :roll::roll: I noticed that although one advert is not shown on my IPhone 6 Plus, it is shown on the screen of the enormous Samsung Galaxy Note 8 when I preview the site in mobile.

This will take many hours of work to sort out :( I'm not looking forward to it, especially when I feel I could be concentrating on improving my pages.
#1387824 by Debs from SiteSell
Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:19 pm
It should not be the first thing you see in mobile, just make sure a couple paragraphs appear first. And only one ad per screen view (meaning puts lots of content between your ads), partial ads on the same screen are also counted as 2 ads.

Debs
#1387843 by Rachel from Northampton
Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:41 pm
Thanks for that, Debs - looks like I might have to alter my pages after all, then...
#1387860 by Will from Los Ojos
Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:25 pm
I noticed in a previous comment that Google Ads cannot be seen on the screen in mobile.

If by this you mean "should not be seen on the first screen in mobile" that's not true.

Rachel from Northampton wrote:looks like I might have to alter my pages after all, then...

hi Rachel,

Noooooooo..... don't do that. I haven't looked through every page of your site, but I can't see anything drastically wrong. Changing everything is a lot of work & time and your income will probably drop.

Read this thread first. It's about mobile AdSense.

https://forums.sitesell.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=224114#p1385347

There are links to Google pages where Google tell you what they want. They tell you what is allowed and what isn't. If you read those, you can then decide what to do, if anything.

Will
#1387878 by Rachel from Northampton
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:26 am
Thanks for that, Will - that has saved me a lot of worry. I have looked at the post you mentioned, and it has really put my mind at rest.

I will carry on with my Family History Societies pages, trying to cut down on the number of links per page - there's about 8 on some. That really has to come down...

Thanks again