Affiliate marketing is the other major way to generate "passive income." Integrating affiliate links into your PREselling content - what works? What doesn't? Which programs work best for travel sites? Not getting paid? What is the best way to use your Solo Build It!! site to PREsell SBI! itself? If it's affiliate-related, it's here!
#1373161 by Lesley from griefandsympathy.com
Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:05 am
Hi Elly

I seem to have had 3 conversions on 5 June, which is really good and I'm up to 7 in total now. But I haven't really noticed much change on their website. It still says there is a free trial, but I can't see how long it is.

I haven't had any responses to my emails to Jeff asking about the changes. His original email to me said the commissions were $300, so I hope they are!

Do you know when they pay? I asked that too, but no response. I'm assuming it will be about six weeks after the original conversion like most affiliate companies.

All the best

Lesley
#1373176 by Elly from professional-counselling.com
Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:06 am
Hi Lesley,

Jeff indeed is hard to get hold of. :-( The best way to reach him is by Skype. He is often online from about 6pm onward (sometimes earlier). I'm going to call him too this evening, as I too have a few questions.

I did speak to him about a week ago about the free offer still being offered on the website. I'm not sure what's happening now. I have a feeling they may be using me/my site for testing. In any case, I have a good commission and I'm happy with the service my visitors are getting.

They pay around the 10th of the following month.

I'll post again when I have spoken to Jeff (and I'll challenge him on ignoring our emails!)

Elly
#1373320 by Lesley from griefandsympathy.com
Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:50 am
Hi Elly

Thanks for that. Which time zone are you talking about? I'm in Australia.

I did receive an email about the changes the day before yesterday, but it was a mail out and was talking about changes happening on 1 June, even though it was 7th. It still says "Get Started Free" on their home page as far as I can see.

If you manage to get hold of him, it would be great to know what's happening. I"m on holiday in Bali at the moment, and the internet connection can be a bit hit and miss, so I don't think I'll try and Skype him from here.

I'll wait and see what happens. It's the 10th tomorrow, so we'll see if I get paid for the commissions from the last week in May.

All the best

Lesley
#1373435 by Elly from professional-counselling.com
Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:59 am
Hi Lesley,

I don't know what time zone Jeff is, but I'm on Amsterdam time. I just know I can generally get him in the evenings.

I have not been able to get hold of him, he doesn't seem to have been around yesterday. However, I've written to him via Skype - mentioning you too.

There are definitely some issues. Lots of conversions suddenly disappeared from my account on the 8th. I'm sure it will all be sorted though. I expect we'll be paid today or early next week.

Elly
#1373439 by Lesley from griefandsympathy.com
Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:43 am
Hi Elly

Thanks for keeping me informed and for trying to contact Jeff. That's a worry about your conversions disappearing.

I'll let you know if anything happens this end.

Lesley
#1373747 by Elly from professional-counselling.com
Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:54 pm
Hi Lesley,

Just a quick update.

I was paid on the 6th this month. However, I'm not at all pleased about what is happening at the moment. I am promoting of their programmes and suddenly a whole week of conversions/payments disappeared from my account. Conversions/pay is now around the same level as it was before, while it should be double.

I have written to Jeff on Skype twice now, but he hasn't appeared online so far.

Elly
#1373767 by Lesley from griefandsympathy.com
Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:25 am
Hi Elly

That's a worry. It's really not very good not being able to get in touch with him. I"ve just tried contacting them through the contact form on the website. Let's see if that does any good.

Can you explain what you mean when you say your commissions should have doubled?

I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Cheers

Lesley
#1373768 by Lesley from griefandsympathy.com
Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:45 am
Hi again Elly

I just noticed there is a payout now shown in my account, but it hasn't appeared in my paypal account.

You were right, it looks like they are paying me $100 per conversion for May. Let's hope it really does go up in June as promised.

Cheers
Lesley
#1373883 by Lesley from griefandsympathy.com
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:45 am
Hi Elly

I've just heard from Jeff, finally and all seems to be well. Apparently they've just stopped paying via paypal so I had to send my bank details and a W8 form.

He also explained the reporting interface. If you want me to send the email to you, just contact me via my website with your email and I'll send it over.

Hopefully you'll have heard from him by now anyway as he's come back to life!

All best

Lesley
#1374609 by Lesley from griefandsympathy.com
Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:16 pm
Hi Elly

How did you go with Jeff? Are your conversions very different this month now that the free trial is finished?

I still haven't seen any money in my account, but I'll give it to the end of the week, as no doubt it takes a lot longer to reach bank accounts than paypal.

All the best

Lesley
#1374646 by Elly from professional-counselling.com
Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:54 am
Hi Lesley,

So sorry - I meant to update you and I forgot. :(

I spoke to Jeff on Monday evening when he took all the time and trouble to answer my questions. He apologised for taking away a number of conversions - they were conversions that had already been paid out during the previous offer of 7 days free counselling. So, I can now trust what I see in the reports. I'm getting about 6 - 9 payments a week. :-) You can perhaps imagine how that has changed my business. Last week I deleted the last of my Adsense codes.

I spoke to Jeff about you and he assured me that the two of you are in touch. Therefore, I would just send him another email, or see if he is online on Skype and use that to contact him.

Elly
#1374835 by Lesley from griefandsympathy.com
Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:34 am
Hi Elly

Thanks for the info. 6 - 9 a week is incredible. Do you mind me asking how much traffic you have to get that many?

I've had 8 this month so far, and I'm thrilled with that, as I haven't even done any specific sales pages or installed any text links in the most relevant pages yet. I'll do that next month when I get back from my holidays.

I'm seriously thinking of translating a lot of my pages into Spanish since they have started a Spanish service. I used to live in Spain and have a couple of friends who could do the job for me.

My only fear now would be having all my eggs in their basket. Do you know how long they have been going? They do look pretty well established.

I will ask Jeff for his Skype address. He did offer to have a meeting with me to show me around the reporting dashboard when I get back.

Many thanks again for all your support in this. I'm so excited about it as it has been difficult to monetise the grief site so far.

All the best

Lesley
#1374847 by Elly from professional-counselling.com
Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:13 am
Hi Lesley,

I'm so glad you've had some sales too! :D

In SBI I now have about 7500 visitors a day (last year April that was 12000!).

Yes, my concern also is that BH is a fairly young company. It is what it is. I have taken Adsense off my pages now, but I could put them back if necessary (not that it brings in much dough :roll: ). I also have my own products, and I have hypnosis downloads (which I would recommend you use too).

I can't find Jeff's Skype name - only his real name, otherwise I would have given you that too.

I included the Spanish link for a couple of weeks, just in case it would attract any sales. 6 Clicks in total, so I'm sure you'll do much better translating your site in Spanish. In any case, Google's Gary Illyes said again recently that there isn't enough content in other languages, but that English is saturated.

I hope you're having a great holiday! :-)

Elly
#1374848 by Lesley from griefandsympathy.com
Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:10 am
Hi Elly

Wow, your traffic is great. The grief site doesn't get half as much, but it was built more on what my mother wanted to write about rather than excellent keywords.

Great idea about hypnosis downloads. I have used some myself for getting over fear of flying. I will have a look and see if I can find some specific ones for grief. Whose do you use?

All the best

Lesley