Affiliate marketing is the other major way to generate "passive income." Integrating affiliate links into your PREselling content - what works? What doesn't? Which programs work best for travel sites? Not getting paid? What is the best way to use your Solo Build It!! site to PREsell SBI! itself? If it's affiliate-related, it's here!
33% OFF The World’s Most Effective Web Business-Builder - Solo Build It!
#1380917 by David from California
Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:21 am
I was looking for information about landing page design. I came across a Udemy course that was exaclty what I was looking for.

I am Scottish by ancestry and perhaps that's why this is the first course I have ever paid for that I can recall.

Wow, for $12 USD special, 10 hours of video instruction. It was excellent and I highly recommend it to all SBIers as it is totally about the psychology of web pages with the latest design applications.

Impresses, I started looking at other courses. My wife, who does transcription etc, recently got a contract writing resumes. As she needed brushing up, she took one course on Udemy and signed up for another.

I found one that I was already highly interested in and am started in it - Developing Android Apps. Wow, I'm impressed again.

Now, what does this have to do with affliiates?

I though, if both of us have found and paid for courses (never do that kind of thing) then maybe others will also. So I signed up as an affiliate

I looked at niche related courses that I could promote. I found two on making jewelry that looked excellent and would appeal to viewers of our sea glass site.

Yesterday, I sent out an email explaining the courses and that they were on sale until midnight. There are about 4500 people on our mailing list and about 1500 actually open them on an average.

Results? Today, I see that I sold 21 courses and made $52.00 for that mailing.

I realize that this is not a killing, but for us, that is some real results.

I also found that Udemy offers over 1,000 courses in Spanish and also in many other languages.

So if you have a niche, look into offering courses, see what happens.

I'm not sure what the policy is on posting affiliate links so remove the following if not acceptable.

The course on landing and web page design is found at: https://www.udemy.com/landing-page-desi ... practices/
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Converted affiliate link to direct link. Affiliate links are never allowed on these forums, per guidelines.
#1380925 by Paul from Mollymook Beach, NSW
Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:03 am
This is indeed very interesting.

We have promoted Udemy and had no results but I think your targeted approach is much smarter than our generic ads on the site.

And you are right about the value. Our favourite Udemy course is advertised and previewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DgXMCpBOA4

Thanks! Paul
#1380931 by Paul from Mollymook Beach, NSW
Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:55 am
David from California wrote:Hi Paul, yes that's the person who did the excellent course I took. :)

Oh really!? :D:D He is sooooo excellent. I think it should be required viewing for any online business owner.

He also has an equally valuable one on Adwords, if you are into that.

Cheers
Paul
#1381012 by David from California
Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:13 pm
Hi Debs, I'm so sorry about the affiliate link. I tried looking on the forum for the rules but didn't see it on this page. I guess I never had a reason to look into this in the 9 years I've been on the forum. I am so embarrassed! :oops: