Affiliate marketing is the other major way to generate "passive income." Integrating affiliate links into your PREselling content - what works? What doesn't? Which programs work best for travel sites? Not getting paid? What is the best way to use your Solo Build It!! site to PREsell SBI! itself? If it's affiliate-related, it's here!
#1395029 by Katia, Anastasi, Apostoli from We Love Crete
Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:14 am
Hi All,

Hello to fellow travel website owners,

I will be specifically developing the 'green travel' and 'sustainable travel' sections of our site over the next few months. I wanted to ask other SBIers if they have any experience with affiliate programs selling carbon offsets.

As 50% of my customers are in the USA I am interested in one that is US based with US projects, another high percentage of my traffic comes from the UK so I want one that is UK based with UK projects.

Then I will choose a third one that has global projects that some customers may relate to.

I did find this one but the website looks out of date and the ease of use is not good: http://www.livclean.ca/affiliate.php

That is a Canadian site. Good on Canada!

In fact many of the carbon offset websites I visit seem to make it very hard to actually purchase quickly and go. You would think that would be at the top of their minds. This one is pretty good and have a travel package ready to buy:

https://www.terrapass.com/

As air travel is one of the highest carbon-emitting activities as part of our international travel, I believe we need to find ways to offset this, and good quality information and tools for our customers to do the same. To take it one step further into an affilliate program seems natural to me.

Any ideas or suggestions for affiliate programs welcome, but let's not debate the issue please.

Thanks in advance :)

Katia
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Updated subject.
#1396047 by Katia, Anastasi, Apostoli from We Love Crete
Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:31 am
Hi All,

Why bump? This looks like there is an answer when there isn't?

Does anyone have any ideas about a carbon credit affiliate program?
Does anyone know if I should be placing this question in a different forum?
How can I get in touch with all my fellow travel website owners?
:oops:
Kind regards

Katia