Strategies to generate referral deals with offline businesses. How to drive leads to them.

Moderator: Debs from barkinista.com

#1363780 by Nigel from Weirsdale
Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:39 am
Hi,

My site got shared on FB locally and after that I was contacted by a number of people asking if they could advertise their holiday properties on my site.

I have joined with an affiliate that rents property in the area also, and they offer 5% commission. This increases up to 8% if they receive over a certain number of purchases.

My question is, should I ask for 5% of the holiday booking as a finders fee if the customer books through my site? Or is that too high / low?

And what would be the best way of tracking the booking from initial contact on my site? Some sort of form that both myself and the owner of the property receive perhaps?

Thank you

Nigel
#1363785 by Kim from New Farm
Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:30 am
Hi Nigel

i don't think 5% is too high, but I would negotiate this with the owners.

I'm assuming that you won't handle the actual booking or take the payment. That's a whole new kettle of fish!

If you are just gathering the referrals and sending them on to someone else to convert them to sales, then use a form.

I use forms to capture referrals for tours and you could do something similar.

If you have multiple properties you could build one form and have a drop down on the form for people to choose the property that they want. I'd be cautious though about how many you have on the drop down.

Perhaps you could have a different form for each area, and then have a drop down for each property in that area?

Once the form is submitted by your customer, you can then set the form to send an email to your property contact, plus a copy to yourself. That way you can track the referrals and follow them up.

I do this on my tour pages - for example:

[Domain Private]/new-zealand-self-drive-tours.html

Hope this helps.

regards

Dave
#1363791 by Nigel from Weirsdale
Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:33 am
Hi Dave

I checked out your link and I think something like that would work well for me also.

Thank you for your advice.

I also had a look through your site as I backpacked around NZ for a year a while ago, you've done a fantastic job and it brought lots of memories back looking through your pages.

Thanks again

Nigel