Strategies to generate referral deals with offline businesses. How to drive leads to them.

Moderator: Debs from barkinista.com

#1366828 by Debra from glade-park.com
Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:39 pm
I realize that it has been a while since the last post on this topic, but I suspect I am not the only one still struggling with these questions about finders fee(s) vs. commissions vs. flat fee, and how to keep them honest. This whole string (old thread: http://forums.sitesell.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=6611&start=0& ) has helped tremendously but I have one more concern that seems obvious, but is worth mentioning.

It brought to my mind the scene from an Indiana Jones movie where his adversary was brandishing a sword at him, and Indiana pulled out a gun and shot him.

If the contact form is the method for measuring the value of the business relationship, it would be necessary to avoid including the phone number of your referral partner. If that is available it could and probably would shoot right past the accountability of the form. And in the age of Googling, even the name of the partner's business could be googled for contact info if the potential referral was impatient with filling out a form.

This brings me back to the conclusion that taking a flat fee or pay per click and running with it is probably the most sensible way to go. But I am open to feedback if someone has better insight on this topic.

My particular interest is in monetizing real estate sales in my niche, which is land rich, and sparse in other businesses to monetize.
Last edited by Debs from barkinista.com on Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Split off old thread so your post stands out which gives you a better chance of a "current" discussion. Added URL to the old thread also for reference purposes.
#1366964 by Debs from barkinista.com
Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:39 pm
Hi Debra,

When I had my debt site, Finders/Referrers was one of the more lucrative monetization options I employed.

Unlike Travel, where you may get to know who you are dealing with, I dealt with people/companies far away from where I lived. I just had to trust them until I
couldn't. I did end up changing companies at one point thinking the rate of
referrals returned was too high. I changed and found it was a good change.

Of course it could have gone the other way too; then I would have just
returned to the original referrer (Never burn bridges behind you). I also
supplemented with other strategies including affiliate links, Adsense, etc.

You need to test options, and work from there, and trust until you can't.

All my best,
Debs