Ideas for digital products. What sells? What doesn't? What are you doing to increase sales, improve ROI, and Conversion Rates? Are you doing ebooks (hey, Kindle?), downloads, online courses/consulting, webinars, recordings, or ...? If it's digitized and you plan on monetizing it, this is the SBI! forum for you.

Moderator: Elly from professional-counselling.com

#618723 by Karen from Seaspray
Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:01 am
Hi

Can anyone offer me some advice or suggestions on the following:

If I want to offer a free e-doc should I just include a link on my page.

Or is it preferable to ask people to contact me via the contact me page.

Or should I offer it as an incentive to sign up for my newsletter?

Any advice would be appreciated?

Karen :roll:

#618781 by Mandy from Lauderdale
Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:30 am
If you offer as an incentive to join your newsletter it will help encourage people to sign up. So I recommend this and have just done this on my ezine page as a way to entice people, so it will be interesting to see if my stats pick up.

You put the link in your thank you page. You could also include it in your newsletters incase people don't save the document but want to see it again.

You could have it as a link on your page, a graphic link would be better, enabling people to visually feel like they are getting something.

Hope this helps.

Mandy.

#619201 by Karen from Seaspray
Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:13 am
Hello Mandy

Thanks for the advice. I will offer it as an incentive to sign up for my newsletter, as you have suggested. As I think that is the best way to go.

You said
You could have it as a link on your page, a graphic link would be better, enabling people to visually feel like they are getting something.

Can I ask you to clarify for me: when you say a link on my page, which page exactly? :roll: And when you say a graphic link, once they click on the graphic how do I then 'deliver' it.

Sorry if you could expand on this for me a little I would appreciate it. Just not too familiar with the process.

Thanks again

Karen

#619209 by Karen from Seaspray
Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:20 am
Also Mandy - or anyone else who might like to reply.

When offering e-docs or reports etc if offering a document that is not required to be read on a 'reader' is it ok to offer it as a plain pdf.

I guess I am just interested to know what other sbi'ers do. Do you 'pretty it up a bit' by including graphics etc or do you just provide the text.

I suppose it is a silly question and would be dependent on the topic.

But I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks again to everyone :D

#619316 by Mandy from Lauderdale
Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:53 am
Ok , if you put it as an incentive to sign up to the ezine, this is a link on your thank you page. Check out my site, I've got an 'advertisement' as such, encouraging people to sign up, but unless you do you won't see the link.

Regarding the image, I was referring to if you want to offer it as a free document to everyone. E.g. check out my online store. I've got two ebooks through click bank on my site. I have them on the relevant pages, but have set up the online store, just so they don't get missed. But they are an image on my page, and if you click on the image it opens to another page, which could be your ebook or document as such.

You do this by adding the image block, you pick the image and just enter all the other fields in the block, it asks you for the link.

So be sure to have your document / ebook saved as a special file first and then create the link in your link library. That way you simply have to select from your existing library.

I hope this helps.

Regarding 'making it pretty'. This is a personal preference really. I have my document '5 top tips to entertain the family on holidays' It has photos in it, but I am aiming at parents with kids, going for the warm and fuzzy feel. If you are going for the professional business person, this might not appeal to you.

Cheers

Mandy.

#619337 by Karen from Seaspray
Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:45 am
Thanks so much again Mandy.

I am just going out now but I will have a look at your site and follow your suggestions as soon as I get back.

Thanks heaps for your time.

Cheers
Karen :D

#620713 by Harriet from Barling
Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:16 am
make sure the link to the ebook is not on the page asking folks to confirm their subscription or they might just get the ebook and not confirm. there is the thankyou page after the confirmation as the other person said

what i did was make my freebie a 1 page checklist (i called it prevention kit!)
rather than give loads of content away. this is slightly risk as it is quite a dense document and i would maybe have done something simpler ie 10 tips sort of thing
#1374337 by David from California
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:55 pm
Hi Mandy,

I know this is a very old thread but I was surprised not to find much in the forums about offering free ebook incentives (if someone knows where, please post a reply).

I looked at how you did your offer and it seems easy and uncomplicated.

However, I did notice that I received the link to your ebook in the Thank You page and did not have to confirma my subscription first.

You might want to change that :)