Ideas for digital products. What sells? What doesn't? What are you doing to increase sales, improve ROI, and Conversion Rates? Are you doing ebooks (hey, Kindle?), downloads, online courses/consulting, webinars, recordings, or ...? If it's digitized and you plan on monetizing it, this is the SBI! forum for you.

Moderator: Elly from professional-counselling.com

33% OFF The World’s Most Effective Web Business-Builder - Solo Build It!
#1375358 by Martin from space
Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:03 pm
Hi there!

I have been searching for a good place to sell my content for a while (getdpd is now too limited for me) and found Ecwid yesterday. I gave it a try and so far, it seems promising. I read a few reviews and the one issue that seems unanimous is the fact that support can be very slow (sometimes even non-existent).

Anyone here is using Ecwid? What's your experience with them?

Thanks!

Martin :)
#1375463 by Debs from SiteSell
Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:24 pm
Bump!

Feel free to bump a post if you don't have an answer within 24 hours, just by adding a new post to your thread. Sometimes on very specific posts like yours, it may take a bit longer to get an answer.

Debs
#1375564 by Paul from Mollymook Beach, NSW
Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:25 am
Martin from space wrote:Anyone here is using Ecwid? What's your experience with them?
Hi Martin

A quick search may answer your question or at least find like minded people. If this link doesn't deliver the results; search.php?keywords=Ecwid then just type in Ecwid to Quick Search on the top right of the forum pages.

Hope this helps
Paul
#1375570 by David from California
Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:10 pm
I wanted to bump this post up. I'm looking for a reasonably-priced shopping cart. We only sell for 9 weeks out of the year and need something that won't cost an arm and a leg. Just an arm.

I am signed up at Ecwid and get their emails but want some firsthand comparisons if possible. i use Etsy right now.
#1375595 by Martin from space
Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:09 pm
Hi Debs!

Thanks for bumping! :)

Hi Paul!

Thanks for the tip! I did search before posting, but results were limited (and dated). That's why I decided to ask! :)

Hi David!

I did use quite a few e-commerce solutions over the years and the ones I really recommend are:

- E-junkie: cheap and easy to set up. No online stores however. Just a shopping cart that needs to be implemented on your site.
- Getdpd: I am currently using this one. Extremely easy to set up, but too limited for me (not enough products for my current needs).
- Contentshelf: good, but checkout page is too long. Dashboard is slightly more difficult to understand, but more logical (content and products are separated, so you can create various combos without uploading the same content twice.)
- Sendowl: Also a nice option. Easy to navigate and use.

I want to switch to Ecwid because:

1. I want to sell more products without spending $30+ per month.
2. Widgets and stores are more beautiful and easier to set up than Getdpd.

So far I like what I see, but just needed to know if someone somewhere had a bad experience with them before investing time creating content.

:)
#1375604 by David from California
Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:50 pm
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the good information. Ecwid has a free store setup with a limit of 10 items, which I will try when I get ready to sell in late October. If it looks good, I might go with it. I wonder, though, having used Etsy the past few years how many of my customers from there will not find me this year. I will likely try both and see which seems to work best. I do have a decent mailing list so that will help a lot.

What I find attractive about Ecwid is that you pay a monthly fee, no added charges for listing or selling compared to Etsy where you get nickled and dimed several times for one item. Plus a storefront on your own site, not sending folks away to Etsy where they could get lost.
#1375613 by Martin from space
Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:46 am
I also tried Etsy a while ago, but like you said, listing can be expensive if you have lots of products to sell.

Sure, I got some new traffic from Etsy, but not a lot of new buyers.

I also dislike the fact that some payments needed to be processed, checked and cleared before I got the money. Some of these transactions were on hold for some time and customers had to wait a few days before having access to the files. Not very user-friendly!

Indeed, Ecwid seems promising for now ....
#1376893 by Linda from Trout
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:57 am
I recently bought Ecwid. One thing that sold me is the option to have people order online but pay when they come to my place to pick up. That is in addition to the typical credit card purchases online. It also is (relatively) easy to set up for shipping items. I went from the free version to paid in order to add more products, then bumped up to the business level to allow me to have larger video files for sale and to have the flexibility to organize items into "combinations" under one listed item.

It also allows you to have the entire store on one page or you can make widgets for individual products if you want to put them on your web pages.

You can see the store here: [Domain Private]

I'm no techie wizard but it works for me.
#1376925 by David from California
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:41 pm
Hi Linda,

Thanks so much for posting, it's just what I needed to see - how it looks in use.

:D
#1376927 by Linda from Trout
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:50 pm
You can customize it within the program as well. For instance I decided I wanted photographs and a grid to show the different categories. I also decided I didn't want to "storefront" which just listed whatever products I decided needed to be upfront. You can have a vertical menu instead or horizontal one. You can also change the fonts.