Do you have questions about monetization that don't fit anywhere else in this section? It't a great big field, so we created this forum to give you a place to go when nothing else fits. DO check the other forums for a better fit since you'll get better answers if there is a SPECIFIC forum. If not, we'll see you back here. :-)

Moderator: Sheri from Uneeda

#1380976 by margarita from USA California
Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:44 pm
Hi ya'll! I read an sbi article on how to monetize my questions from followers into income.
That was a helpful article but I still kinda need help!

That article said to get my most asked questions and turn it into income! :D

So the most asked questions I get is what hair products are right for me
to get (fill in the blank) results.

The second question I get is what vitamins do I use to get faster thicker hair growth.

I was hoping for your great ideas to help turn these main questions into cash!

I was thinking of offering an online hair consulting service like what products I recommend for their needs, or what hair style will look best on them. I really don't want to sell my own hair products or vitamins because that will be too much for me personally. I enjoy recommending other peoples products. Any other Ideas? Nothing is a bad idea when we are brainstorming because it could branch to something else!
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Moved from Egoods forum to here as this is about many monetization options.
#1380986 by Jacki from Macleod
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:25 am
I get lots of 'what is this succulent plant?' questions, so on my app we've added a pay button so they pay $1 for each question. Two things; it's cut down on the sheer overwhelming number of requests, and the questions I do get are usually more easily answered (plus I get to use their pictures, with their permission). It's not lots, but it does make a little. In your situation, could you use affiliate links to some products you recommend, and also charge a little for an ebook or other digital advice, like a personal recommendation? If you're continually getting the same or similar questions it would be worth doing three or four to cover all eventualities (or bundle them for more $).
#1381052 by Cath, SiteSell Content Team
Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:30 am
Great question, Margarita!

I asked myself the same when I was getting the same question, over and over (and over!) again about hatching chickens. Despite the fact that the answers were always on my site - people just couldn't be bothered to look to find it.

And I was spending hours writing replies to emails. Even when I did that, if I referred them to a page where their question was answered they'd judt write back and say "can't you just tell me?" - I was tearing my hair out!

So I did write an ebook. I compiled a list of the 21 most frequently asked questions together with my answers by simply copying and pasting from those emails and from my FaceIt comments. I sell it very cheaply on Amazon as a Kindle book and when anyone asks me questions about hatching now which the book answers, that's where I point them.

I felt bad about doing it at first but you have to develop a mindset that time = money.

The other idea I've had but not had the chance yet to implement is to have a weekly FaceBook Live event where I answer some questions live. I'll then add those videos to a page on my site which will hopefully help with bounce rate. Of course, my book will also be featured, as will any affiliate products I refer to...

In the future I'll develop a paid for system, where people can have instant (ie within 24 hours) answers to questions - for a fee; access within 48 hours for a lower fee and so on.

The other possibility is a private FB group which people have to pay to get access to, where you guarantee you'll answer questions each day. An SBIer I know does that and uses the group to recommend affiliate products to as well - very successfully.

You could also do a personal consultation for a one-off fee. Get people to fill in a questionnaire about their hair and their diet (or whatever else is important) and then have a 20 minute Skype consultation, for example, where you recommend products. Or, for a lower fee, they fill in the questionnaire and you give them written results with recommended products (with affiliate links, of course).

There are loads of possibilities. Good luck in putting this into action!

Cath.
#1381060 by Dee from Cape Cod
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:20 pm
Hi Margarita -

You've already received some great ideas!

Just one thing I wanted to mention:
Cath, SiteSell Content Team wrote:You could also do a personal consultation for a one-off fee. Get people to fill in a questionnaire about their hair and their diet (or whatever else is important) and then have a 20 minute Skype consultation, for example, where you recommend products. Or, for a lower fee, they fill in the questionnaire and you give them written results with recommended products (with affiliate links, of course).

I'm readying to implement something similar on my site. In the process, one important thing I've learned is that some companies have very strict rules about where you can and cannot place their affiliate links.

For example: Amazon does not allow affiliate links to be sent by email or placed anywhere other than on your website or blog.

Here's a great article discussing that:

https://amylynnandrews.com/do-not-put-a ... in-emails/

The same is true for some companies in my travel niche. They only allow their affiliate links to be placed on my website and nowhere else - not in an email, PDF doc, ebook, or any other so-called "offline" location.

Before I found out about these affiliate link use restrictions, my plan was to have people fill out a questionnaire, then I'd send them a PDF with my personalized recommendations (including affiliate links) for their travel options, lodging, activities, clothes to pack, etc.

Now, before I can start my personal consultation service, I have to think of a way to provide those affiliate links to my customers without violating any affiliate rules. Hmm ... maybe I'll start a separate thread asking for ideas. Hopefully someone knows of a solution for me/us. :?::idea:

Best Regards,

Dee
#1381081 by margarita from USA California
Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:52 pm
Yes dee, jacki and Cath personal consultation is exactly what I feel is best for my site because there are different reasons for female hair loss and so I will need to give each client my time to figure out what hair loss products will be best for them.

I already have my questions ready! I am trying to figure out what to charge, my mom said to charge $25.00 per consultation. I don't want to under sell myself or drive away clients by being too expensive either. What do you think of that price?

Dee thank you for that tip about the affiliate links issue! Perhaps the answer for that might be to have already made private site pages with our affiliate recommendations on them? Simply emailing the links of already made affiliate pages that link back to the website would be safer for affilate rules and even better for a warmer sell. Just a thought to bounce off each other, otherwise I will be looking out for that thread soon. I am learning about personal consultations online and excited to get started soon. :lol::D