Using VisionGate, Memberstar and other software to sell "elite" information/content on an admission/membership basis. Ditto for special WordPress membership plugins.
#1394648 by James from Harpersville
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:51 pm
We are considering starting another SBI website which will be a member site where members can interact with each other, upload multiple photos, descriptions etc. (Not a dating site but similar).
I will need software that will handle this. SBI recommends Amember but I contacted them and they (Amember) replied that it will not be capable to do this.
Is anyone using a "social software program" similar to what we need with SBI's Infin It?
Or can anyone suggest a program that we might consider independent from (not tied to) SBI?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim
#1394693 by Michael from New Limerick
Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:14 pm
I have been searching for something similar to weave into my site. I'll be following this thread to see what you learn.
Have a wonderful day, Jim.
#1394778 by TJ from South Canaan
Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:51 am
I don't have the exact answer you are looking for but maybe some tips. You are correct about Amember. It wont do any of what you are looking for.

You could search google for some products to see what is out there. Ning is one that was around but I havent seen in a while so you could check into it.

For Infin It, all you need is to be able to have your own domain name by setting a CNAME and most membershp sites and hosting allow this.
#1395357 by Stacy from Newton Junction
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:27 pm
Hi Jim ~

Unfortunately there isn't a way to integrate a membership directly into your SBI site. However, you can set up a separate membership site and link to it from your SBI site.

I sell online courses and needed a secure place to host them that also processes payment, etc. After trying multiple options over the years (EasyMemberPro and Clickfunnels, among several others) I have finally settled on MemberMouse, and it is AMAZING. I can not recommend it enough (and no, I'm not an affiliate or in any way associated with them). There is definitely a learning curve, but the documentation, help forums, and support are fantastic (very much like SBI)...and the entire platform is just incredible. It's insanely powerful and can do pretty much anything you want, once you learn how to navigate around. And, starting at $20 per month, it's also one of the most affordable.

The obvious drawback is that you have to host it from a WordPress page (which, of course, is additional hosting, additional costs, additional learning). So I have my sales page on SBI, then a "click here to buy" button, which takes the customer to the checkout page on my WordPress site, which is where I host my MemberMouse membership site.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post links (they're not affiliate), but it might help to see it in action.

Here's my SBI sales page: [Domain Private]/event-planner-course.html

And, if you click on the "buy now" buttons, it takes you to this page (my WordPress site where I host my MemberMouse membership): http://www.myeventplanningcourses.com/checkout/?rid=p2Di02

Once the customer purchase the course, they are taken into the secure member's area (which is the MemberMouse membership software hosted on my WordPress site).

I am fully aware that I did not make the transition between SBI and WordPress look entirely seamless (mainly because I keep changing the L&F of my sites), and I have heard that InfinIt can help with that; but to be honest it's never affected anything and not one customer has ever said anything.

And again, I have tried many other membership sites (quite a few on trial periods, and I used EMP and Clickfunnels for awhile - I do not recommend either of those) and I can not say enough good things about MemberMouse.

Anyway, it's a bit of work, but this is the most viable option I've found. Good luck!

~Stacy
#1395399 by Morgen from White Pine
Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:19 pm
Thank you, Stacy!
For all of us who need this, I appreciate your candid reply.
#1395420 by TJ from South Canaan
Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:30 am

I am fully aware that I did not make the transition between SBI and WordPress look entirely seamless (mainly because I keep changing the L&F of my sites), and I have heard that InfinIt can help with that; but to be honest it's never affected anything and not one customer has ever said anythimg

~Stacy

I just wanted to let you know Infin It doesnt have anything to do with your design of your site. All it does is allow you to share to domain name as a subdomain name.

For example: if your site is www.domain.com you can set your wordpress site to members.domain.com.

At any time you can make your designs look similar.
#1395435 by James from Harpersville
Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:34 pm
Thanks Stacy, but I think I need more of a "Social Network" software program where members can upload photos, communicate with each other privately etc.rather than just a membership platform.

I don't know if MemberMouse has this capability. After visiting the site I couldn't find this to be available.

Thanks,

Jim
#1395472 by George from freewebsitehelpdesk.com
Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:15 pm
Is anyone using a "social software program"

.. but I think I need more of a "Social Network" software program where members can upload photos, communicate with each other privately etc.rather than just a membership platform.

I don't know if MemberMouse has this capability.

MemberMouse is a membership software, similar to aMember. Such software allows you the site owner to upload content, and allow people you authorize (via free or paid membership subscriptions) to access the content you've uploaded. They are not meant for members to upload content or interact with each other.

If you want a HOSTED service, wherein someone else does all the software babysitting for you (much like your SBI site, along with all its limitations), see:

(Oh, and don't underestimate the power of Facebook Groups!)

If you want a DIY approach, wherein you'll install a piece of software on your own hosting account and do all the babysitting yourself, but which will also give you FULL CONTROL, see:

I've set up several online communities for myself and clients over the years. Feel free to ask any follow-on question, and I'll be glad to help if I can.
#1395521 by Stacy from Newton Junction
Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:45 pm
Ok, clearly I misunderstood...sorry and good luck!
#1395604 by Judith from Quarryville
Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:02 pm
Stacy, I am glad you shared what you did, because I think MemberMouse might work for what I am planning better than other programs I have seen so far. Thank you! :D