Every now and then, we hold a contest. This is where they happen.

Moderator: A J from Somewhere Hot

33% OFF The World’s Most Effective Web Business-Builder - Solo Build It!
#1363077 by Maria Ines from Oura
Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:16 pm
Hello everyone!

First let me thank you for the wonderful support and kind words you have all given me in this forum.
I posted my entry and then I didn't dare come back until a few days later when I started reading what everyone was saying and for a while I couldn't find the words to express my gratitude. Yes, there were a couple of tears...
But believe me, I am extremely grateful.

I never thought I would make it to the finalists, let alone win anything. I just did it to share my story, to say that I know how you feel and why we do what we do here. I had to read Ken's posts with the winners three times to make sure I was reading it right. I even asked someone else to read the forum for me, because I still couldn't believe it.

To the other winners, CONGRATULATIONS!
To everyone else, I now owe you to work hard and apply myself even more in SBI to really deserve this wonderful gift. Considering how much I love working on my site, this is a challenge I welcome.
You are all a source of inspiration to me.

Just to let you know: there will be another plane sometime this year. We plan on going to Malaysia and visit tea plantations there. Until we set foot on that plane, I'll be working on my site, improving it, and hoping that this year will be better than the last.

I wish you all the best of luck and hope that everyone reaches their dreams and most importantly, has a great time getting there.

Cheers!
Maria
#1363097 by Sarah from The Land of the Long White Cloud
Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:36 pm
Oh wow... thank you so much Ken, Mike and Al and everyone who voted. And a huge congratulations to Irina and Maria, both very deserving of this prize!

There are so many inspiring stories and entries here, I'm honoured to be among the finalists and so, so grateful that you chose to give three subscriptions away. For me, being a part of community of extraordinary ordinary solopreneurs is one of the best parts of an SBI! membership.

This exercise has been so valuable, even without the prize. I'm currently on holiday snowboarding in Serbia and rather than taking the whole week off, I'm enjoying working on my site in my downtime :).

#1363099 by Cat from glutenfreehomemade.com
Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:26 pm
Love your posts, Ken, and the perspective you, Al and Mike used in determining the winners of this challenge. I’m glad you chose three; that’s what I would have done! I’m so proud to work with business associates who have “heart”. <3

My sincerest CONGRATULATIONS to Irina, Maria and Sarah! :D:D:D
#1363116 by Irina from Ukraine
Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:38 pm

Hello everyone!

WOW, Such a great day today. I have 2 amazing news :D:D:D

1. My 79 years old daddy finally home after 2 weeks in hospital. He just recovered from surgery and we can look after him in comfort of our home. :D

2. And another wonderful news from Ken Evoy. Yes, it`s very nice to be among 3 Winners. Thank You! Especially I`m happy to know that my entry collected most votes. THANK YOU SO MUCH MY FRIENDS FOR YOUR PRICELESS SUPPORT! SBIers are awesome! :D

Congratulations to MARIA and SARAH, Well deserved!

p.s.

ken-admin wrote:the text overlay that didn't quite seem to match the reality that she described. Text overlay speaks to day job and family.

The idea was to visualize my dream. And office is something that i want to leave behind (even behind picture :lol: ), and for sure will do!

Congrats with rebranding. Solo Build It! looks really nice. Just be careful, this guy might have copyrighted Name - :lol:Image

Hugs,

Irina.
#1363132 by Bill from Talos IV
Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:02 pm
Congrats to all the winners. I'd say the right entries won! And Ken, thanks for the Honorable Mention. I hope your hints give birth to the result you and Janice desire. :) And just to make you jealous(er), I have another grandbaby due in April. :D I am looking forward to that!

Have a good one,
#1363143 by Rachel from Sneads
Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:51 am

Congrats to the winners, what a great contest!

ken-admin wrote:Rachel, I remember your first post here. It stood out (don't remember why, I must admit). It's been a pleasure watching you grow [Domain Private] into what it is today.

Thanks, Ken! And for the honorable mention too. I'm glad I saw this thread and joined in. :)

Being a part of this SBI family has been a true pleasure and blessing in my life.

Thanks!
-Rachel
#1363230 by Fida from Willow Bunch
Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:40 pm
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N!!

This is so inspiring! Well done!
And thank you Ken for being so generous!

Fida
#1363280 by Angie from Cavalier
Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:03 pm
Congratulations, Irina, Maria & Sarah!
And to everyone who participated! This was an excellent exercise in creating an image to inspire. Every entry had something wonderful to share. Thanks everyone. We are all winners!
#1363713 by ken-admin
Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:47 am
Been meaning to post to this, one of my favorite threads in recent history.

Thanks very much for all the generous remarks. I say it over and over, and it's true, even if it's corny...

If everyone in the the world was like SBIers, what an amazing place it would be. Sure, we disagree at times, but that's when we best define who we are.

In this thread, though, the only disagreement was who deserved to win. We, ahem, took the easy way out. ;-)

We got a big bonus out of this thread, too. We'll turn this into a super-useful TNT HQ.

EVERYONE needs a reminder every now and then, not just of the goal, but that time's a'ticking!⏳

Thanks again to all for participating!

All the best,
Ken