Do you sell a service, whether local (ex., gardener or dentist) or global (ex., copywriting)? Do you have a profession (ex., doctor, dentist, engineer)? Agency/representation/distributorship business? Trade tips and ideas here.

Moderator: Lyn from Canada

#1368726 by kieran from Ballyhahill
Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:00 pm
Hello
I am trying to look at ways to finally move on from just adsense on my website, my only monetization source since I began 7 years ago. Very much at a snail`s pace.

Despite little work, my figures are going steadily in the right direction and I now want to offer an online translation service for short translations mostly. My idea is that there would be a basic cost but it would depend on number of words 0-10, 10-20, 20-30 and then a word price after that.

People would submit what they want translated and pay upfront. I am set up with paypal to accept payments. However, I am trying to figure out what i should use to build the page. I want them to be taken directly to a payments page before their translation is submitted. Should i be using form build it or infinit? A bit stuck!
#1368731 by Jacki from Macleod
Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:26 pm
I use Paypal, and this is what I do. When you build the Paypal button, go to Step 3: Customize advanced features. When it opens up you can put in the url of a page where they'll go when they finish their transaction. Put the url to a secret page (this doesn't need to be meant for search engines, so name it something unguessable) then put your form on it, so they can put in their text. Will that work for you?
#1368744 by Debs from SiteSell
Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:23 am
If you follow Jacki's method, be sure and set the page to be "noindex" using the feature to "keep out of the search engines" in the Info section of BB2 when you create the page. This is VERY important to do immediately.

Debs
#1368761 by Jacki from Macleod
Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:16 pm
wrote:set the page to be "noindex" using the feature to "keep out of the search engines"
Yes, sorry, that's what I mean by 'secret' and using an unguessable name. By the way, even using the noindex button won't stop it from being found using a search bar on your site :(
#1368763 by Debs from SiteSell
Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:24 pm
By the way, even using the noindex button won't stop it from being found using a search bar on your site

It should be unfindable if you don't link to it from your site, or accidentally add it to the RSS feed/Blog It! Page. If it does appear, check deeper to try to find out why and whether it can be fixed.

Debs