Best strategies, general discussions, to drive traffic to your pre-existing, primary "e-commerce" site. Expand your Net Auction business instead of depending on/working for eBay, Etsy, etc. Got a low-traffic store? Build traffic to it. Have a zero traffic brochure site for your offline biz? Discuss how you're using your SBI! site to inject life into "off-site monetizers" and get significantly more business out of them.
33% OFF The World’s Most Effective Web Business-Builder - Solo Build It!
#1277360 by Daniel from Miramichi
Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:00 am
I hope I'm not asking a question that's been answered a 100 times on the forum!

I'm wondering if there are any recommendations for a shopping cart or if anyone knows a lot about them.

I'm looking for the ability to integrate the templates into SBI pages so I can have content and products on the same page. It also has to work with SBI and I have no idea how that works if someone could explain it to me please :D

Thanks so much and wishing everybody the best of luck with their sites.

Dan Marchuk
[Domain Private]
[Domain Private]
#1277644 by Daniel from Miramichi
Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:49 am
Not even a response.
#1277646 by Elly from professional-counselling.com
Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:58 am
HI Daniel,

Most of us work on our site part-time, so you may have to be a bit patient at times.

There is lot's of information on the forums and in the T&T articles http://mhq.sitesell.com/. I personally use http://www.fastspring.com/, though I have not seen anyone else use that here.

Elly
#1277674 by Greg from Here
Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:50 pm
Hey Daniel :D

I confess... I saw this thread before and totally blew right over it.

I thought, oh gee - here we go again. :roll:

Yes, there probably have been a 100 threads about this and those who have gone through them come away with a bit of cognitive dissonance I guess.

SBI was set up as a do-it-yourself guide to build informational websites. Everyone was riding high on AdSense and the like. Simple. Build a big site with the most cherry keywords in the niche and profit off people who are surfing.

That is not working so well these days.

This is just not set up to handle the myriad of complications that come with setting up a serious e-commerce website. There are credit card processing issues, SSL certificates, shopping carts, checkouts, and on and on and on. Trying to get that tied into SBI is like banging your head on the wall (I have the bruises to prove it! :lol: )

I don't know, but I suspect that the new Biz express (whatever) launch was done precisely to address issues like this. I admit I don't know, but it would seem that they would have a plug-in or two since they are doing WP sites now. Might be worth taking a look.

Sorry I couldn't give you something more meaty to get your teeth into, but if you snoop around in here, you will find A TON of similar threads. Type in store or cart into Find It and you will see what I mean.

Good Luck man!

#1277693 by Daniel from Miramichi
Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:09 pm
Thanks for the response Greg. I was suspecting as much it seems SBI is falling behind and needs a LOT of modernizing. I will look into Biz Express. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.
Dan
#1277791 by Val from Archer
Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:36 pm
Hi,

It's really easier than you think. If you put up a content page, a product description is really the same. The only difference is you will have to C&P the HTML for a Buy Now Button from the Shopping cart you want to use. Here is an example....
[Domain Private]
I sell about 150 products and it is manageable using your SBI site.
#1278023 by Fred from Prince
Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:19 am
Val from Archer wrote:Hi,

It's really easier than you think. If you put up a content page, a product description is really the same. The only difference is you will have to C&P the HTML for a Buy Now Button from the Shopping cart you want to use. Here is an example....
http://[Domain Private]/dranjer.html
I sell about 150 products and it is manageable using your SBI site.

Hi Val, That's a slick page. What shopping cart do you cut and paste from? Do you use Bluehost or Netfirms or..........?

I've been fretting about this for years. Currently I just have a page that has PayPal buttons. [Domain Private] as an example. Very cumbersome to deal with so I have not spent time on it.
#1278034 by Greg from Here
Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:41 am
Hey Val :D

There you are! I was trying to find your site a while back because I am am looking at having a UV-C unit set up. Got ya bookmarked now!
(I have three asthmatics in the house)

Anyway, you make it look too easy :lol:

I got into doing that and I just couldn't get over the learning curve! :roll:

This is what I ended up doing for the customer. [Domain Private]/category-s/1843.htm You can take a look at the cart and check out, don't worry it isn't actually set up to clear payment.

I was just hitting my stride figuring our how to get all my graphics the appropriate size when they decided they wanted to hold off investing any more money until next quarter. The whole experience did force me to grow and expand, that is for sure. And I have to say that when I am ready here shortly I will be using the same for My Neighborhood Business.
#1278061 by Val from Archer
Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:05 am
Hi Fred,

The design of my store pages are not from a template. I spent many weeks looking at store sites and put together the elements I thought looked and worked the best. So the Nav bar, third column setup, and blue and white tables with the Add to Cart buttons are all my HTML. The actual shopping cart provider or where items you want to buy are added together and shipping an tax is added is with Securenet shop. Great people to deal with if you decide this is right for you.

Hi Greg,

Not easy.... but it has been worth the effort. I sold a lot of stuff off those pages. But I will be leaving my store pages to the wayback machine soon.

I have decided to use Infin-it and upgrade to 3d Cart. Hopefully I will be able to make the store more user friendly and professional looking, which should = more $$. Shopping for a good product photo booth for better photos. I plan to do the sub domain soon and add the store but will leave it unlinked until I get it completely finished and tested. I'm going to use many of the old file names in the store and do 301 directs. Hoping to be ready to go by April.

Never had a complaint about the Calutech UVs...
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Fri May 05, 2017 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed promo.
#1278115 by Fred from Prince
Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:59 pm
Thank you Val!
#1370467 by Alex from East Branch
Fri May 05, 2017 6:08 pm
Sorry to drop into your conversation. In fact I 'm not certain this will work.

PayPal works for all cards and most banks. I am not a software person and I have set it up (with some kind assistance from SBI, from time to time). My customers are worldwide, PayPal accepts payments in local currency then shows me a balance in dollars and sterling. It is a brilliant system and has never given any trouble in the ten years I've been operating.
My product is all "e" goods, the shop is a "Shopsite" supplied by SBI and that has been rock solid. No problems.
If there is anything I can help with (advice) ask away.
Meanwhile; I am looking for another site (ready made) with some trading history.
regards
Alex