Cultivating warm, open leads who call YOU. An exciting area, ripe for SBIers to explore and push.
Solo Build It! Holiday Special - Save 33%
#988113 by annette from Worland
Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:31 pm
Hi all,
I know this is a very difficult question to ask but I have been struggling with this thought of selling my site. I really like it, I have worked so hard on it and I would say it is profitable especially given the fact that I have not done anything to it for over a year now. My passion seems to be in a different niche and since I am going to be busy( going back to school this September), it might be extremely hard to work on it....

Any one ever struggled with that decision and what did you consider?
Thanks
#988123 by Jacki from Macleod
Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:51 pm
Hi Annette, is it possible to just let your site coast for a while and concentrate on your other interests? Occasionally, you could just do a facebook post, or feed a rebuilt page through your RSS Blog it! to look as though it's got some activity, and start some C2 if it's appropriate. These things can make it look as though there is something going on, but take very little upkeep. It's a shame to let all your work and enthusiasm fall by the wayside...
Good luck, whatever you decide,
Jacki
#988622 by TJ from South Canaan
Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:28 pm
Does your website pay for itself? If yes, then just keep it and see what you want to do with it later. Unless you are getting out of network marketing, then you may want to sell it.
#988826 by annette from Worland
Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:21 am
Jacki, I do have c2 and occassionally get submissions. I know, its a shame to just let my enthusiasm fall by the wayside :? Hope I will pull myself up soon.
TJ, My site more than pays for itself and even makes a profit. My worry is that my income might dry out if I don't become serious. And yes, the thought of leaving network marketing has crossed my mind but I still love this industry so much, it has done good things for me and I know the potential there is huge. I guess I will maintain it for a while and see .... :roll:

P.s: By the way, I wonder how much my business is worth :roll:
Thanks for your input!
#989594 by TJ from South Canaan
Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:02 am
At least wait until the new block builder comes out. The buttons will go to CSS text links and it could improve your rankings and get more traffic.

I changed my site over to a CSS template and my traffic shot up. I heard about some others that experience the same thing. So you could end up make a little more money.
#989624 by Latarsha from Navajo
Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:23 am
Hello Annette, I agree with all the others. If you can, you can let it coast for awhile. I remember your initial passion, and I noticed in your comments that you say, " I really like it, I have worked so hard on it and I would say it is profitable especially given the fact that I have not done anything to it for over a year now".

If you can, let it sit. It will be there when you return. I did the same with my first site- in fact, I let it sit, barely touching it for 3 years. Initially I was bothered by the fact that I wasn't doing anything with it. But over time, I realized that it was strong enough to stand on it's own for awhile. In fact, it's only been in the last 2 months or so that I've spent some major time on it.

And, though I now have 5 sites (all at various stages), I'd still have to say that my first site is still my first love - it's my passion. And guess what, I'm still as passionate about it as I was on day one.

The thing that REALLY helped me, though, was to think about my site more in terms of what my site visitors REALLY want for me. I'm re-working it now into a site that can give my visitors a more in-depth experience - and provide me a way to earn more with my site.
#998312 by Tyler from Eastham
Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:33 am
Annette,

I also have to agree. My boxing site is the site that I do the least amount of work to and I do feel bad, because I am trying to launch several sites over a niche that I have lots of experience in and know the revenue potential. I recently was dropped from pr 4 to pr 3 on boxing site but it has been still bringing in regular income for the last year plus taking care of itself with little more than c2 submissions and occasional blog post. I was debating selling my site a few months back after generous offer but decided to just collect the revenue and see what happens with it. You will always have time to sell it and the sites are easy to sell I know that several people myself included always post looking for revenue generating sites to buy especially well written sites like yours. So if you do decide to sell there will always be people interested, my big factor came down to similar to yours. I looked at it as I loved the site put a lot of work into and it was my first site. The counter was with the offer I was offered I could launch additional sites buy links etc.. Plus put some money away. For me my personally I chose to keep monthly revenue and ride it out.
I wish you the best of luck on your whatever your choice may be.
Tyler
#1001947 by annette from Worland
Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:27 am
Thank you all,
I will stay with my site. The only problem is that with a site like mine, if you are not active, your income really goes down. Some how, you have to continue building relationships/teams. And, you have to keep yourself abreast with all the systems/programmes which pop up all the time in order to earn affiliate money. I will see how to deal with this.
Thanks again.
#1002139 by TJ from South Canaan
Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:21 pm
Hi Annette,

Have you tried to go out to the Network Marketing community and seeing what people are willing to pay for a site like that with the given traffic and money potential?

That may help you make your mind. If people will only pay very little, you may say, forget that I'm keeping it!

If they pay a nice amount, you might say, oh yea its yours!
#1003423 by annette from Worland
Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:17 am
Thanks TJ,

Actually, I think that is a very good idea. Will for sure try to find out the worth of my site. If I get a VERY handsome deal, then I can sell it off :D
#1338313 by annette from Worland
Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:47 pm
So Glad I listened...

I am back here, working on my site, still loving it as ever before. And it faithfully kept bringing in some income, even when I abandoned it :?
Thanks all