Cultivating warm, open leads who call YOU. An exciting area, ripe for SBIers to explore and push.
#1380108 by Cheryl from Wise
Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:26 pm
Hello, I just joined SBI a few days ago and would like to know if anyone has built a website around their network marketing business? I was looking at the NM thread and noticed most comments were from 2007 so I'm wondering if anyone is still building a NM business online through SBI or am I missing info on how to do this? Thanks!

Cheryl Barker
#1380175 by Timothy from Glen Hope
Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:48 pm
Cheryl, network marketing has changed a lot since 2007. At that time I had a great MLM business I built with an SBI website. I discovered I didn't really want to do MLM along the way. But, I sold a lot of product and was fairly successful. Then my supplier decided their affiliates were not allowed to have their own websites. They made me shut down my website. They said all websites must be copies of their in-house version. Of course that wouldn't work for me.

So, here is my advice. If you want to run your own MLM website you must make sure your parent company allows it. Most MLM's don't allow their affiliates to have their own website's anymore. Be sure you read the terms and conditions of your MLM/NM before you start building.I have found most of them to be very strict.

Hope this helps

Tim
#1380252 by Cheryl from Wise
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:27 am
Thanks Tim for the tips. I did email them and asked if I build a website and want to put links to my company site for people to buy things if that was okay and they said yes. I also asked if I wrote articles and used their images and put links in my articles to my affiliate site and again they said yes.

I have heard a lot of cons about trying to build an MLM business, but I am actually passionate about my products and really believe in them. I've actually had this plan in mind for awhile but have been thinking what I could do if I don't go this route. So far I'm not sure. My passion is in the health and wellness area but that's such a broad field. If I can figure out the brainstormit, maybe that will help. :)

I'm actually doing a consult session tomorrow so I'm hoping that will give me new ideas that I haven't thought about.
I just don't want to take forever to decide since it seems to take so long to get a business going online but I know rushing isn't good either. I would rather do it right the first time.

Thanks for the input, I will be thinking of other ideas, especially if my coach thinks it might not be a good idea either. :)

Have a great day!
cheryl
#1380253 by Cheryl from Wise
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:31 am
Thanks Kim. I noticed they are long so I will listen to them tomorrow when my brain is fresh. Thanks for pointing them out. I'm still learning to navigate this site. :)

Have a great day!
Cheryl