Local non-service business (ex., retailer, restaurant)? Trade tips and ideas here.

Moderator: Lyn from Canada

#1343571 by Sheri from Jamieson
Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:51 pm
My husband and I have joint dental and massage therapy practices. I would like to offer the opportunity for dental patients to pay their outstanding bills online, as well as sell massage therapy gift certificates online. I have no idea where to start. I have set up a business paypal account, but when it comes to setting up a shopping cart I'm afraid I am completely lost.
Can anyone offer advice on this? :roll:

Thanks!
Last edited by Debs Seeber from Palm Coast on Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Moved from Web Professionals to here.
#1343637 by Robert from Mc Gregor
Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:14 pm
Hi Sheri,

If you set up a PayPal Pro Account, you can create invoices and send the invoices to your customers. This doesn't require a shopping cart. You can also use Google Checkout which doesn't require a monthly fee.

I recommend a shopping car such as Getdpd.com for products such as massage therapy gift certificates.

-Robert
#1343641 by Mike from hashtag-content-marketing.com
Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:47 pm
You might also look into using FreshBooks, which would allow you to create invoices and credits for your customers, email them the invoices or notifications, and allow them to pay online. You can use the free PayPal account you've already set up for the actual payment processing. I've found FreshBooks to be extremely easy to use, both for myself and clients, and if you push all your invoicing through it you'll be able to take advantage of the reporting and accounting. https://www.freshbooks.com/
#1343951 by Sheri from Jamieson
Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:41 pm
yes, I'm well :roll: aware of being Hipaa compliant:) -- Due to this I would not send invoices or receipts through email. I am just looking for a way for patients to pay their bills through a paypal account on our website.. All receipts would be sent through our secure email. We already use the emv secure paypal at the office, so I just want to connect that to the website...