Local non-service business (ex., retailer, restaurant)? Trade tips and ideas here.

Moderator: Lyn from Canada

#1393792 by Brian from Saint Kilda
Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:03 am
A local SEO company suggested I create pages for specific suburbs within the city in which my business operates.

Is this likely to result in more visitors from local businesses ( my target market ) ? In that suburb?

I only get about 18% of my traffic from my country so 82% is pretty much useless and I'd like to get it closer to 80/20 local/foreigners.

Any thoughts?

#1393793 by Nancy from 90% Persistence-10% Inspiration
Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:21 am
If I were in your position, I'd definitely target cities surrounding you.
In those cases, don't worry too much about low Demand.

It may be a challenge to combine the keywords that people use to search for security cameras with town names. But maybe you could go to their town government seats and interview officials about local ordinances surrounding the use of security cameras there.

Or you could tell people where their cameras would get the most exposure to weather (and what to do about it) depending upon a town's topography and ocean proximity.

Or ask people to send you footage of weird things that they see on their cameras. And then separate it out by city or town.

Just thinking out loud here...
#1393816 by Jacki from Macleod
Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:18 pm
I would definitely not just copy the same info, and insert a different town name into it.

I like the idea of writing articles about places, with interviews of other people in them. Not just officials, but police departments, block watch or neighborhood watch members and so on.
#1393838 by Debs from SiteSell
Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:47 pm
I would definitely not just copy the same info, and insert a different town name into it.

I agree with Jacki on that. The reason it isn't a good idea is it would be what the Search Engines call thin content, and duplicated (mostly) to various pages can trigger Google Duplicate Content filter a/k/a Panda.

All my best,