Time-leveraging strategies, customer relations, contracts, billing issues, technical issues, taxes, planning, general questions and discussions, etc.
Solo Build It! Holiday Special - Save 33%
#1377584 by cris from La Villa
Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:16 pm
I'm a web designer and love SBI block by block builder but I'm wondering how do you guys build sites for new clients? Do you just go ahead and build it page by page live? Do you use more the upload your own?When I use wordpress or other hosting I usually develop it offline or some kind of staging area before going live and have the client approve it before launching. But since SBI don't have staging, It means I have to build the clients website live and I'm not sure if that would be the best. Let me know how you guys deal with this. Thanks!
#1377615 by Jacki from Macleod
Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:46 pm
I love BB2, and would never use any other method. But, I'm building my own websites, not for someone else. The function of building a page as a 'Draft' makes it super easy to have the page ready to publish, and I 'think' that you could allow someone to see it before you make it live. I'll have to look at that a bit more (it involves using the word draft and a . before the page name).

Do you have to get the okay from your client first? Is that the hold up?
#1377638 by Debs from SiteSell
Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:28 pm
You can also put the robots tag into the Sitewide Head section (HEAD button), then after they approve, remove it. The site won't get indexed until after you remove it, so don't forget! The problem with draft mode, the client would have to login and review each page; if you build it, they may not know how to do that.

Robots tag: <META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW">

Debs