Related discussions: Shipping & fulfillment, shopping carts, customer service issues, product sourcing, general discussions, etc., also Ebay, CafePress, etc.

Moderator: Dennis from Cape Canaveral

#1341172 by Guy from Hubbard Lake
Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:52 am
Hey folks, I want to sell a real physical product. In other words, not an e-book. Once I find a product I like and that fits into a profitable niche what I need to know is:

A) Which is better in terms of distribution: dropshipping, or fulfillment by Amazon, or a Shopify store, or a non-Shopify e-commerce platform?

B) Is anyone here at Site Sell selling a product using blogs?

C) If I find just one product (with a backend) is it a good idea to sell it by offering it via a simple Web site that may have no more than 2 to 3 pages which would describe the benefits & features of the product? And if a product could be sold via a simple Web site, how important would backlinks be in ranking that simple site?

Thanks
#1344528 by Debs from SiteSell
Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:21 pm
Hi Guy I split your post off to its own thread as Laura from Support discussed with you. I'm posting
to let you know and to bump your post up. I don't sell hardgoods so I can't really answer your
questions. Hopefully someone who does will post soon ;)

Good Luck!

Debs
#1344563 by Carl from Newton
Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:51 pm
Guy,

That's a really hard question to answer. It depends on lots of things like the number of products you project to sell. Where you plan to sell too. How big is the product. Other questions like that. There are lots of options for delivery and the best one is not obvious without lots of information.

About using a small site to sell the product, that can be a good thing. I've got a small site for my physical products. It's set up with Wordpress and WooCommerce. I have a local company that fulfills the orders. Here is the site...

http://the-best-of-wdw.com

Feel free to email me at dad at dadsguidetowdw dot com if you have any questions. I'll be glad to help.

Carl
#1344565 by Mary from Mico
Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:02 pm
Hi Guy,

I sell physical CDs, although not so many now that folks are used to buying downloads. Carl's notes are good and I am so glad he posted.

Keep your price high enough to cover the difficulties and costs creating them and of shipping them.

Otherwise, I'm following your thread with interest.

Mary
#1365003 by Thomas from Hämerten
Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:48 am
Hi there,
This post is a year old but I'm bumping it for ideas or knowledge.

I have come up with an idea to connect one of my sites to a subscription box. So ideally visitors would subscribe and receive a selection of products (chosen by me) every month.
I would need a landing page, so to speak, where I would market the subscription box. People would then enter their personal details and sign up for the box.
My question is would I be able to set this up using SBI somehow or would I be better off to go down Carl's route ( https://forums.sitesell.com/viewtopic.p ... d#p1344563 ) and set up a Wordpress site with a connection somehow to receive payments? I would then advertise this on my sbi site to channel targeted visitors.
Any thoughts, help would be appreciated.
Best wishes,
Sarah
Last edited by Debs Seeber from Palm Coast on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added URL to Carl's post.