Related discussions: Shipping & fulfillment, shopping carts, customer service issues, product sourcing, general discussions, etc., also Ebay, CafePress, etc.

Moderator: Dennis from Cape Canaveral

33% OFF The World’s Most Effective Web Business-Builder - Solo Build It!
#1358170 by Roger from South Williamson
Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:55 pm
I LOVE SBI.

For a person like me will tech skills approaching 12 on a scale of 1 to 100 w/ 100 being a wiz-bang, I love the simplicity of SBI.

For the last month I have researched developing a hard goods Site. I've been trying to find a way to make this site with my limited tech skills.

If I use Shopify, I need to learn a bunch of coding skills, a design program plus all the behind-the-house Search Engine stuff.

I guess I'm just thinking out loud wondering if SBI can focus some attention on selling hard goods just like they have with WordPress. I think there is a market to reach out there.
#1358182 by Mary from Mico
Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:01 pm
Hi Roger,

I sell CDs on my website with E-Junkie. It also sells and delivers my ebooks. I'm an affiliate for another lady who does the same and when I have traffic on that site I sell quite a few of both her books and her downloads. Well worth it for me.

It's been very nice to have it all in one place with EJ.

I hope this helps.

Mary
#1358187 by Jacki from Macleod
Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:16 pm
I use EJ, but I've also got several places with just a Paypal button - most of what I sell is digital, but I don't know why this wouldn't work with hard goods too. It would just mean staying on top of it and changing/removing things once they sell.
#1358234 by Debs from SiteSell
Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:15 pm
Also, check out the Make it! Series in Monetization HQ; it has a whole section on hardgoods.

SiteSell won't offer its own shopping cart (we tried that once, it didn't work out). Shopify is actually very easy to use, and you don't "have" to code. If you want to talk about Shopify, check out the Ecommerce Options forum. I also suggest you demo Shopify on their site.

However, if you do find areas not covered that you would like to see covered by SiteSell, please post to the Wish List in the "A Step Beyond" section.

For specific questions about how to do Hard Goods, do post them in this forum or in this thread.

Thanks.

Debs, Forum Admin
#1376894 by Linda from Trout
Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:13 am
Realizing this is an old thread, you may have already found your solution, but I recently started using Ecwid e commerce store on my site and like it.
#1379804 by Christopher from Parkville
Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:07 am
Debs from SiteSell wrote: If you want to talk about Shopify, check out the Ecommerce Options forum.
Debs, Forum Admin

Where can I find the "Ecommerce Options forum?"

Do you mean the Ecommerce Network Community Forum?
#1379830 by Debs from SiteSell
Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:47 pm
No, here in these forums, go to the main page and scroll down to the DAY 10 area, there is a forum called Other ecommerce options.

Here I linked to the section, so you can see it in relation to the other forums in that section:
viewforum.php?f=114

All my best,

Debs