Related discussions: Shipping & fulfillment, shopping carts, customer service issues, product sourcing, general discussions, etc., also Ebay, CafePress, etc.

Moderator: Dennis from Cape Canaveral

#1369030 by Stephen from Monroeville
Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:23 pm
Any one trodden the path of publishing a book who could spill some advice and give some pointers ?

:) be interested in others experience on this ?
#1369168 by David from Imo
Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:00 pm
You need to be specific with your question? I won't be able to write an article on book plublishing but I can give you some guidelines if you specify exactly where you need help.
I have two books published already and they sell over 100 copies monthly.
you can see them via the link below.

http://allnigerianfoods.com/all-nigerian-cookbooks

All the best.
#1369173 by Stephen from Monroeville
Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:34 pm
wow i checked out your site .. nice work on 100 sales a month, david ..

are you using a specific publisher ? ... or are you printing them yourself ? how do you get them printed ?

I think those are my questions i'm having :)
#1388434 by Patricia from edible-landscape-design.com
Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:29 pm
IngramSpark (also called Lightning Source) is where I get my hardcover books printed. They have options for cloth binding and case laminate covers and the quality is excellent.
#1388550 by Suzie from Southview
Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:04 pm
I've got two books published which I did through Createspace and they also sell over 100 copies a month combined - very easy once you get the gist of the formatting. I like it because I'm totally in control of it all. I'm sure somewhere in the TNT or somewhere else there's a very good article on Createspace - I think it may be more about producing a kindle book through Createspace but it's so similar that it's worth reading. However, the only issue I have is that if I do it as colour with photos, I hardly make any money - so black and white is best imo
#1388552 by Mike from Isleta
Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:20 pm
Suzie, I love your website. I live in Wisbech and whenever we have people visiting we always take them to the north Norfolk coast and go to some of the beaches. I'm impressed that your guides sell so well, especially as it's quite expensive - which I know from experience is due to the cost of printing in colour on CreateSpace. Obviously the price doesn't deter people. I've subscribed to your newsletter, by the way.