Related discussions: Shipping & fulfillment, shopping carts, customer service issues, product sourcing, general discussions, etc., also Ebay, CafePress, etc.

Moderator: Dennis from Cape Canaveral

#1392120 by sue from Glidden
Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:38 pm
Hi
I currently sell hard goods on my site [Domain Private] (online tack shop for horse owners)
I have individual pages for each category of product, for example feed supplements are here: [Domain Private] the keyword being "horse supplements".
I have all the products and information listed on the same page. Would the search engines find things better if I had a "click here for more info" button that opened up a new page, for example Bio-Iso-G , the first item on the page, would have a bio iso g page with the keyword being bio iso g.

Is there a way to do a "quick view" page with sbi? Where a small screen comes up with all the info with out going to a new page??
Thanks
Sue
#1392186 by Debs from SiteSell
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:17 pm
Would the search engines find things better if I had a "click here for more info" button that opened up a new page, for example Bio-Iso-G , the first item on the page, would have a bio iso g page with the keyword being bio iso g.

If you can write enough on each item to satisfy the search engines without boring your visitors, you may gain an incremental edge by having separate product pages. You can also make it a true sales page vs. a list of supplements for instance. However, you can test to see which converts better by breaking out one product to its own sales page, drive traffic to the two pages (Google Analytics does offer A/B split testing you might be able to use for the testing), then analyze the results to see which is better.

As far as Google goes, however, it may not make much of a difference traffic wise, depending on the demand for the supplements in general, as well as each specific supplement. Google uses a new intelligence factor in their rankings. They take into consideration the entire page, and all keywords they derive from it, to not only see what the page is about, but to also rank each page. Again, this is something you might want to test.

All my best,

Debs
#1392194 by sue from Glidden
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:44 pm
I am going to redo my horse grooming products page and see what happens
[Domain Private]
or would it be better to have the information on the same page and have it expand to see more like under details here:http://greenhawk.com/wdItemDesc.asp?strilhID=Web&strmdNumber=STS9712&stricSKU=STS9712
Thanks
#1392199 by Debs from SiteSell
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:28 pm
I would test both options as separate tests.

Keep in mind the best test is garnered from a minimum of 1000 unique visitors to each test. If you get enough to the test easily that's great. If not you may want to consider using Social to drive visitors, including paid advertising to shorten the period of time each test will take.

Debs