Related discussions: Shipping & fulfillment, shopping carts, customer service issues, product sourcing, general discussions, etc., also Ebay, CafePress, etc.

Moderator: Dennis from Cape Canaveral

#1394330 by Kathy from Mintaro
Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:01 am
I am based in Australia want to include some coffee mugs for sale from my site and would be interested to know what experiences fellow Aussies might have with using Etsy, Zazzle or Cafe Press. Mainly I interested in knowing about how long it takes for goods to arrive etc.
Also is it possible to link these shops to an Amazon shop? Amazon is now Down Under. Yay!

Are there Australian based businesses offering this print on demand type service?
Thanks in advance.
Kathy
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Edited subject to better fit what you are looking for.
#1394431 by Lesley from griefandsympathy.com
Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:18 am
Hi Kathy

Lesley here. I'm English but living in NSW, Australia since 2003.

I have had products on Zazzle for many years and delivery to Australia is usually about 2 weeks. I have only ordered cards from them and occasionally an item of clothing though. I would imagine you could get products made and then shipped to the Australian Amazon warehouse and use their consignment services. (if that is what they are called?). I'm not sure if there are any direct links between Zazzle or Etsy and Amazon. I know Shopify is now connecting with Amazon in some way.

Most of my site traffic is based in the USA though, so I'm not so worried about shipping to Australia.

I'm also an Etsy affiliate, which is working well for me. It's hard to say what shipping times are as there are so many different dealers on Etsy and again, most of my customers are in the USA and I don't get to hear what the shipping times are for them. I haven't had anything shipped from Etsy to Australia.

If you'd like to ask me any more questions about Zazzle or Etsy, feel free. If I understand a bit more about exactly what you are trying to achieve I might be able to point you in the right direction. I haven't used CafePress I'm afraid.

All the best

Lesley
#1394564 by Kathy from Mintaro
Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:46 am
Lesley, thank you so much for your reply.

I have purchased from cafepress and my items took forever to arrive, which is what concerns me about ordering from overseas in general. I am also concerned, that as my site is very Australian, that having an overseas supplier would be detrimental to my image and "Aussie culture" experience.

So far I haven't located anywhere I can get this done in Australia.

Cheers
Kathy