Share & discuss site-building strategies, tips and get help on: Navigation (NavBar), Analyze It!, Footer, Tracker, Image & Link Libraries, Page Manager & WebFTP.

Moderator: Jenny from Rushden

#1377729 by True Love from Toronto
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:26 pm
I'm trying to build a form to take pre-orders but I can't seem to figure out how to get what I want. We will have grass fed beef coming back from the butcher soon and we need to tell the butcher how much of what cut to give us. We have four options and want people to fill out the form to tell us how much of what they want to order.

So essentially I need these 4 items showing on the form, and then beside or below each one I need either a field for them to enter the number of packages of each, or a drop down menu for them to select the number from a given list.

Ground Beef
Burger Patties
Marrow Bones
Stew Beef

This seems like a pretty simple thing to do but I can't wrap my mentalpausal brain around it. Can anyone help me please and thank you?
#1377762 by Jacki from Macleod
Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:28 pm
You're using Form Build It! for this? You may have to insert a text block in between your radio buttons for them to put an amount in.
#1377767 by True Love from Toronto
Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:38 pm
Yes I'm using Form Build It! It seems a bit cumbersome to break up the form into several different ones, name them all separately, etc. and insert text blocks between them. There's not an easier way using just one form? Maybe I'll just ask people to email their order. Thanks for your help.
#1377798 by Debs from SiteSell
Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:40 pm
You can do it all on one form. It is not however a secure form; where people can pay, so I don't want you to think it is.

When you create a form, you get some fields "auto added" Untick the Use/Reg options upper left of the toolbar for the ones you don't want.

Add a radio block to your form, hover over the block and you should see a +- sign appear. Click on the + enough to add your options.

Next to each radio button, it says "New Radio Option" Click in that text, and type in what you want to appear as the options. The default text will disappear.

Edit the headline at the top of the form and to the left of the radio buttons too.

Edit your submit/order/preorder (yes you can change that text too) button.

Update the Form Info.

Don't forget to save (Build It).

Here is the link to the Help File for FBI also: http://help.sitesell.com/fbi/build/formbuilder.html

If you can't get it to build for some reason, do reach out to Support:
http://support.sitesell.com/contact-support.html

Debs