Share & discuss site-building strategies, tips and get help on: Navigation (NavBar), Analyze It!, Footer, Tracker, Image & Link Libraries, Page Manager & WebFTP.

Moderator: Jenny from Rushden

#1005406 by Alicia from Tomball
Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:31 am
Wow. That is the first kinda-sorta-if-you-squint-a-little-close-one-eye-and-dim-the-lights SBI wannabe knockoff I've ever seen.

Curtis, I would be REALLY surprised if anyone here told you they thought going over there was a good idea.

Oh, hold on.....Someone with a competing SBI! website probably would tell you it's a great idea. Other than that...probably not.

But seriously, they list all this extra stuff you get that's just fluff. A page of your own where you can blog? Just get a free blog. And a success club? All for $47 a month? Or even more extra fluff for $97--A MONTH. I didn't see anything over there that looked remotely like it's worth $17 more a month than what we get right here. Forget about $97.
#1005424 by A J from Somewhere Hot
Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:14 am
I'm familiar with it. I'm not a member. :wink:
Cheers, AJ
#1005427 by David from California
Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:25 am
Why look for something else? With SBI, you will have a successful website and make money. It's proven time and again.

All for one low price.

Just one catch. You must follow the Action Guide.

Why do some folks get discouraged? They didn't follow the Action Guide. :D
#1005435 by Arte from Sira
Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:45 am
They certainly haven't compared themselves against SBI in their competition analysis chart! Even though the stuff they say seems to be a duplicate of SBI...
Interestingly none of their testimonials mention a website so that you can go and check their stats for yourself?

The difference is in the experience. Have already experienced success here, so why look for anything else :)
#1005441 by Larry H. from Brucetown
Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:06 am
I was a member of Wealthy Affiliate before I found SBI! The 2 guys who own and run the site seem like nice folks, but after getting involved with SBI! I found there was no comparison to the professionalism, value, information/training, helpful forums and strong business model that SBI! provides...for quite a bit less money I might add.

I got out of WA as soon as I saw what SBI! had to offer...and have never looked back.

Larry
#1005918 by Marika from Ayia Napa
Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:15 am
About 3 years ago I was a member for exactly two months. They have a lot of things, but I found that they are (or at least were at that time) very cluttered, all over the place and I could simply not focus on something. The only thing I really enjoyed was the forum. Travis (the bum marketing guy), potpie girl and a bunch of other really good IMers were hanging out there and I've learned a lot. But still too expensive for what i paid per month (I think it was around $39 at that time). Even the WF is better than WA imho.
#1038802 by Romeo from Maco
Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:35 am
It's like a return from Doctorate to hi-school.... from topnotch to mediocrity. I almost got there... thanks God, I've stumbled upon SBI. I saw the light in the comparative literatures. I thought WA was a copycat. The Top 1% slogan is the key.
#1387483 by Mel from Tavistock
Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:28 pm
I would stay away from WA, they are very unethical in the way their business is run. They have a lot of good information but it is structured in a way to prevent you from becoming successful. They keep you in the loop with promises and free bonuses so you will renew annually. They have an annual retreat rewarding the member,as an affiliate, who are able to sign up 100 new recruits on an annual basis. With the thousands of members they are only able to fill a large boardroom with qualifying members. Their success history is very disappointing to say the least. Their reviews are another unethical practice that WA has become very good at exploiting. They knock SBI, MLM, and any one that will help the affiliate to make a sale. Their reviews are very believable but if you were to do any serious investigation you would soon discover how dishonest these people are. Stay away from WA!!