Echecks, Shopify & other shopping carts, payment processors, gateways, etc.

Moderator: Debs from barkinista.com

#1363611 by Linda from Trout
Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:37 am
I have a few hard goods, a few ebooks and a few people just asked me about selling my videos (they asked about DVD but I thought download would be better/easier. Although if somehow I could offer both options that would be great).

I'm thinking I want to just embed each item for sale on my website, one per sales page and then all on my products page rather than have a separate store.

But right now my head is spinning trying to visualize the difference among the three options. All are relatively cheap/free.

Does anyone have experience with Shopify vs SendOwl vs Self? Which would you recommend for a non techie?
#1364026 by Hervy from Jewell
Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:46 am
I have set up a store with Shopify. I drove a lot of traffic with Facebook ads. A lot of people made it to the Checkout but did not buy. I was running a free plus shipping offer. I imagine the shipping was too high. I haven't yet taken the time to do re-targeting as I am spread pretty thin doing 20 things. (I know, smh)

Also, half of my traffic was sent to the home page instead of one sales pages with the offer, which is not the correct way to do it but I have to test for my self to learn a lesson the hard way. (I know, smh, lol)

Another strike against me as far as traffic intentionally sent to homepage and leaking to it from Facebook page, I don't have categories set up. Just products. The images could use improving and Categories might be more appealing.

I believe that I could actually make some sells with it if I corrected those things. Just hadn't gotten back around to it yet.

If you followed the directions to build your SBI site, I think that you could easily build a shopify store. They have all types of deals out there for discounts. The average one is 30 days free trial. But some partners can get you 30 days plus half off the next month.

I have used WooCommerce to build a store but it was a few years ago. I doubt my experience from then applies now. I have no experience with any other tool for building a store. By the way, my store was catering to dog owners.

You will find mixed advise on whether to make your first store general or niche specific. I say it depends on your intentions and how firm you are in what you ultimately want to do or who you want to serve with your store.

Good luck,
Hervy
#1364030 by Jacki from Macleod
Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:48 am
You can sell hard goods as well as digital products on E-Junkie.
#1364154 by Martin from Macamic
Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:09 am
I use DPD (getdpd.com)

Reliable, cheap and easy to use.

You can create multiple stores even with the small package and they don't take any commissions.

I have tried them all (e-junkie, contentshelf, shopify, ect ... ) but keep going back to DPD ...

:)
#1364269 by Debs from barkinista.com
Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:35 pm
Martin, with getdpd, what do you use as your payment processor or does getdpd do that also?

Debs
#1364804 by Martin from Macamic
Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:48 am
I simply setup my Paypal account and money is transferred into it instantly ... and without commissions.

Exactly like E-junkie, except they have a small storefront (which E-junkie doesn't provide) and I found them easier to use.