Echecks, Shopify & other shopping carts, payment processors, gateways, etc.

Moderator: Bernie from RV'ing in Western USA

#1368996 by Tammy from Newton Upper Falls
Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:24 am
I have a volusion store mapped to my website. I have not added SEO of any kind to the volusion store because I am afraid it will compete with my SBI website. Is this correct thinking or should I add the same keywords to the store. Or maybe I should even use other similar keywords.
What is the best way to handle this or just leave it alone? I feel as though I may be missing an opportunity here.
Thanks
Tammy
#1369013 by Jacki from Macleod
Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:20 pm
I don't know anything about Volusion, but it seems to me you have to use some kind of keywords, no? I would use different ones from the site, if you're running out, and you will also link directly to it from relevant pages on your site, also?
#1369015 by Tammy from Newton Upper Falls
Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:25 pm
That's kind of what I was thinking, but I was also wondering if it created competition. Thanks for your answer.
#1369025 by Debs from SiteSell
Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:30 pm
It is likely the keywords from your site are broader than what your shopping cart pages should be. For that reason, I would use different keywords ... product specific keywords ... If the product is "SLAM" (brand) Jam Tool (product):

Slam Jam Tool

that's your initial keyword

take that to your MKL, search on the broadest part of that phrase, i.e.

Slam Jam
Jam Tool

and see if a better keyword exists. If so, use that, if not, use the phrase that works best, depending on how Volusia allows you to edit. You might even edit it to be the title of your page, your headline (depending on how your cart handles those items):

Slam Jam Tool To Fix Tires

Some shopping carts reuse; so a headline might also be your page meta title, and/or keyword, file name etc. So you have to adjust to allow for that but still keep everything the visitor sees make sense. Plus, you should do all of the above while keeping the search intent of the keyword in mind.

Debs