Echecks, Shopify & other shopping carts, payment processors, gateways, etc. Discuss how to improve conversions, reduce abandoned carts and how to recover sales from within your cart, etc.

Moderator: Bernie from RV'ing in Western USA

#1383270 by Steven from Leominster
Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:56 pm
If anyone has tried Shopify, I'd love to hear what you think about it.

Steve Howe
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Moved from Day 4 Monetization Strategies to here as this is about a shopping cart.
#1383315 by Adrian from fixingscreens.com
Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:44 pm
Shopify is a do-it-yourself e-commerce website builder, perhaps the best of its kind, based on the support you get from the well trained staff. The downside is that it is very expensive. Like many e-commerce platforms, the more products you have the more you pay. Its not unusual for Shopify subcsribers to pay thousands of dollars a month for their sites. Shopify has a massive App library, most of these Apps are paid. For example it costs money to have website stats, money for rotating banners, money for a site blog and so on.

Shopify is far more focused on paying for traffic through adwords than gaining traffic through organic methods like SBI. Shopify does not have the niche development strategy that SBI has at its core and so you see a lot of subscribers complaining in their forums asking why they have no traffic. Despite running a website selling the same products that are available from a thousand other places. To be fair Shopify has some success stories to and those websites are run by highly involved owners who work hard at social media and have developed their brand and their products so that they do stand out.

A well trained SBI'er ought to be able to kill it on Shopify, provided they have a line of good products to sell. The margins for the product would have to justify the expense of using the platform. A seperate SBI website would be ideal to drive traffic to a Shopify site. SBI'ers would also make great partners for some Shopify site owners if the economics could support it.
#1383322 by Sue from UK
Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:30 pm
I use Shopify Lite at $9 per month and create my own sales pages in BB2. I get a slightly more sophisticated Buy Now button than you get with Paypal and Shopify keeps track of my stock so people can't buy what I haven't got. But my shop is small. Detais of Shopify \lite don't usually come up when you look at their main site - you probably have to Google it to find it.
#1383543 by Steven from Leominster
Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:03 am
Thank you both! I appreciate your input.