Echecks, Shopify & other shopping carts, payment processors, gateways, etc. Discuss how to improve conversions, reduce abandoned carts and how to recover sales from within your cart, etc.

Moderator: Bernie from RV'ing in Western USA

33% OFF The World’s Most Effective Web Business-Builder - Solo Build It!
#1385375 by Morgen from White Pine
Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:06 pm
Mods: not sure if this is the right forum group, so, please move if needed.

I wanted to know if anyone has heard of moonclerk to process payments for mailchimp paid ezines...

I want two levels of ezine - one free, associated with my SBI! site, which is wonderful, BTW -
And one paid which gives the specifics of the diet plans I'm offering. This includes the details.

The unpaid version is for DIYers who can figure stuff out themselves. The paid version is the step-by-step version for folks who want to be sure they are doing it correctly. It includes all the details.

SO- question - Moonclerk/Mailchimp or another service??? Need advice

Not making it a membership SITE - per se
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Changed subject to increase interest.
#1385555 by Bernie from RV'ing in Western USA
Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:21 pm
Hi Morgan,
Moonclerk sounds like a great processor. The only "caution" is they are brand new, since May. They are a little cheaper than PayPal's recurring payment plan and considerably more flexible. The big processors tend to be very regimented in their template/systems. Stripe is certainly a great and recognized system so I think a great method to have both - Moonclerk and Stripe
Always nice to help a startup and be part of the beginning!
Best of Luck!
Bernie
#1385559 by Morgen from White Pine
Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:39 pm
That doesn't exactly answer my question. :?

What I need is to be able to process a monthly subscription payment for mailing out a paid newsletter option. I don't want to have to figure out who paid or not and subscribe/unsubscribe them manually every month.

That's not only a hassle, it can lead to mistakes. I want an automated system.

Is there such a thing?
Who's doing it?

Thank you.
#1385754 by Debs from SiteSell
Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:13 pm
PayPal offers what you want. If you don't get more responses, you may want to compare Moonclerk to PayPal to see that they offer at least what PayPal does but at some benefit to you, i.e. cheaper fees for instance.

Debs
#1385785 by Bernie from RV'ing in Western USA
Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:33 pm
Hi Morgen,

Debs is right - I use PayPal for all my subscription enrollments and billings. I don't think you can get a totally automatic system without spending some serious money? If you have high numbers of subscribers and minimal costs, then a fully automatic system may be worth it? PayPal charges $19.95 versus Moonclerk's $15.

To help me keep track of billing dates, I add a new subscriber to my Google Calendar and setup the monthly automatic notification to email me the day the payment is due every month.
That keeps me current with the billing. I just go into my PayPal account; Tools; Recurring Payments tab and it displays anyone that is "To Be Billed" and I manually do it. I didn't want to have to remember or go into PayPal daily to see who needed to be billed.... the calendar reminders keeps track of it for me.

It displays the total amount that the subscriber has agreed to pay monthly. You can charge them the maximum figure (typically what you would do) or less that month or recurring months, but not more than they agreed. I had a client that downgraded to a lesser plan so it was easy to do. Otherwise, they would have had to re-subscribe and I didn't want them to have to deal with that...

If someone cancels, I just cancel them in my same section of PayPal and delete the email calendar reminder.

Perhaps Moonclerk offers a totally automatic system? Doesn't seem like anyone is using it to know for sure? Perhaps contact them and ask? Would love to know if they do for that fee!

Probably still not answering your question, but hopefully this is more info to help your decision processing?