Echecks, Shopify & other shopping carts, payment processors, gateways, etc. Discuss how to improve conversions, reduce abandoned carts and how to recover sales from within your cart, etc.

Moderator: Bernie from RV'ing in Western USA

#1387674 by Stephen from Monroeville
Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:46 pm
did you ever use prestashop ?

it looks good , how does it compare with shopify ?
Last edited by Debs from SiteSell on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Split off old 2012 thread on Prestashop. It's best if you have your own thread to get attention. Also moved from Coding etc to here.
#1387847 by Bernie from RV'ing in Western USA
Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:49 pm
Hi Stephen,

I've researched it, but never used it.
Seems somewhat similar to a Word Press type of operation? Everything is "free" until you get more involved and more professional - then the various Apps. etc all cost money? That in itself is fine, you can certainly set up a great store at minimal.
I personally like the full service shopping cart systems of a Shopify or BigCommerce. They have 95% of all the tools you will ever need included within their systems. If you need something special with them it usually isn't too much $ to get?
If you have lots of time to fiddle and tweak and learn, Prestashop could easily be a great system. I find most people that want a cart are already too busy trying to do 400 things that a cart needs to be as inclusive as possible - most small business owners just don't have the time to stay on top of their website or cart system?
Best analogy would be comparison of SBI to WP. SBI includes soooo much within it's system. WP is an awesome system - but, you really need to spend lots of effort to make it so? Guess I am too partial to SBI? I tried a WP system, after building lots of SBI sites and couldn't stand it!! Switched the WP system right back to SBI - LOL
It seems great - if you have enough spare time and energy to learn and apply everything?
Hope this helps?