Echecks, Shopify & other shopping carts, payment processors, gateways, etc. Discuss how to improve conversions, reduce abandoned carts and how to recover sales from within your cart, etc.

Moderator: Bernie from RV'ing in Western USA

#1388181 by David from California
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:35 pm
Reading the recent SBI Stripe article, I went to the page where it shows a sample purchase. It talked there about a "token" then about appying the token which sounds like a of work. I assume it is done automatically?

I kind of hesitate to go to Stripe when the very first page I read there leaves me confused.
#1388183 by Bernie from RV'ing in Western USA
Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:14 am
Hi David,
Not to worry... when a token is referred to within credit card purchasing, it is a method used to help secure the communication between the end user/purchaser and the credit card processor. Basically, the two computers speak to each other in a very secure coded way..... trying to keep it simple - LOL...
It is a very secure method of transmitting data back and forth without it getting taken or hacked.
All your big cc processors use this method as part off their green https security protocols. If you are just looking at using Stripe as a credit card processor for people that purchase on your site - you are good to go....